Q6700

You won't be OCing very far on a 780i either....

You MIGHT want to research chipsets and the effects they have on overclocking. The information is out there... I promise.

ok Mr. 9Kracing what mobo do you sugest that costs around the same price I personaly think this on will do just fine!!

Edited by connor776

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot better overclocking boards, but with the black edition I think he will be alright. I dont think it will be problem. He isnt going for anything to extreme. You think that 780i is gonna really goin to hold him back with a black edition

ok Mr. 9Kracing what mobo do you sugest that costs around the same price I personaly think this on will do just fine!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....scription=790fx

As long as YOU THINK it will do fine....

Edit: ok, to be honest I did some research and being the Intel fanboy that I am I assumed (incorrectly) that the 780a is the same as the 780i. Apparently it does not suffer from the same instability problems the 780i has, and does actually overclock a whole lot better. But as far as graphics, and for being an overall better chipset I still think the 790FX is better from what I've read.

Edited by 9KRacing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....scription=790fx

As long as YOU THINK it will do fine....

I think I am fine with what I've got

also what air cooling system do you sugest for overclocking my phenom II to 3.9 ghz to 4.0 ghz

And can you guys tell me what you think of the above videocard??

Edited by connor776

I think I am fine with what I've got

also what air cooling system do you sugest for overclocking my phenom II to 3.9 ghz to 4.0 ghz

And can you guys tell me what you think of the above videocard??

I have the EVGA superclocked 260-216sp and it is everything i need plus more. You have a 19inch monitor right. Thats probably 1440x900. The 260 is over kill for that res. So yea thats plenty of power even extra for later. comes with the free game.

Now find you a cooler. say something to the v8 effect