Bioshock

xPETEZx

Thanks for all the posts!

Just tried to install Windows 7 RC x64 to play some Bioshock, but that's giving me other beef :(

I re-installed the latest version of DirectX I could find.

I also read through the link you posted, and tried a fix in which I completely installed my K-Lite Codec pack, and installed the latest version. No change.

Still getting Bluescreens. :(

A new driver for the D2 was just released.

DL'ed and installed it, and the issues seem to have vanished. Fingers crossed it stays this way!

Can now play Bioshock WITH EAX on, and NO Bluescreens! :D

A new driver for the D2 was just released.

DL'ed and installed it, and the issues seem to have vanished. Fingers crossed it stays this way!

Can now play Bioshock WITH EAX on, and NO Bluescreens! :D

So it wound up being the sound card after all...and here you thought Steam tech support were just being pricks :lol:

This behavior may occur if you use a Logitech mouse and the version of the Logitech MouseWare program that is installed on the computer is outdated. This behavior is known to occur with Logitech MouseWare versions 9.10 and 9.24.

To resolve this behavior, remove the Logitech MouseWare program from the computer and then update to the latest version of Logitech MouseWare.

For more information about how to remove Logitech MouseWare from the computer, see the program documentation or contact Logitech. For more information about how to obtain and install the latest version of Logitech MouseWare, contact Logitech at the following Logitech Web site:

http://www.logitech.com

Edited by MrAlex

Well after finally getting through the various hardware problems that prevented me from playing this game (first the sound card, then my 8800 bites the dust <_<) I have now finally finished the game!

According to Xfire, it took me 13 hrs.

Overall, I thought the game was good, probably 7/10. But I must say, I don't really see what ALL the hype is about? I mean its GOOD, but with the amount of praise Bioshock got, I was kinda expecting more.

I guess its one of those things, if ppl keep saying its REALLY REALLY good, and then its only REALLY good, you are still left a little disappointed, despite it being really good, because you expected even more.

Some unusual bi-products out of all this is:

2K support sucks. NEVER got a response.

XFX support sucks, wont RMA my card, say I need to take it back to the shop (BS)

and on the + side:

Steam & Steam support is AWESOME!

ASUS support is good

So out of this, I have decided NEVER to buy XFX again, and will be buying more games on Steam, and more products from ASUS! :D

I tried to play it again...picking up where I left off. The last time I played (according to my save file) was August 2008 :lol:...but apparently the save files must have gotten corrupted at some point because it won't load...now I guess I'm going to have to start from scratch. This time I guess I'll choose the easy difficulty instead of hardest so I can finish it quickly :(