ram heat need help

my mem is at 1123 at the moment i dont know about the voltages but i swear my stuff was set higher i think it turned it down after it crashed.... i thought my mem was at 1193

Don't you think you had better make sure your memory voltage is OK before you do anything else? ;)

Cheers

Paul

hmm where can i check on my voltage??

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd197/m...screenshot3.jpg

i am pretty new on this stuff

Memory voltage is set in BIOS.

As far as what you set your RAM to, that's up to you.

If, as you have come here saying, it's giving you trouble, what better place to start than at stock settings/voltages.

Once stability is confirmed through stress tests then by all means clock it as high as it will go.

All that said, as I said earlier in a post, 1193,1123,1066... you won't see any dramatic increase in performance from using 1193 down to 1066 speed settings.

Stability > oooo look at me, I can clock fast. ;)

Edited by Kingfisher

for all i know the crash was just stupid vista 64 cause my mem hasnt crossed 30.8c still lol. So if clock speeds dont do much what is a good option for more performance. I noticed a difference when i bumped my cpu from 3.1 to 3.25 but now that its like 3.42ish i havnt noticed a whole lot of difference and i havnt maxed out the core or shaders on my cards yet. Have any suggestions for starting points?

Edited by motoray