2 eTailers made 2 different recommendations. What's your opinion?

Raider, just a little off topic. But I've got a question for you. I'm using the MCP655 (and have been for a couple of years now). One reason I haven't considered the MCP355 is that I've heard it is quite a bit louder than the MCP350 or MCP655. Did you find that to be the case or is noise about equal between them all?

I was also told by the online retailer that far more MCP355 units are returned due to having problems than the MCP655.

That was one reason I was looking at the MCP655.

Now...Once I change the head on the MCP355...How much better does it outperform the MCP655?

Raider, just a little off topic. But I've got a question for you. I'm using the MCP655 (and have been for a couple of years now). One reason I haven't considered the MCP355 is that I've heard it is quite a bit louder than the MCP350 or MCP655. Did you find that to be the case or is noise about equal between them all?

tbh I can't ever hear either of my pumps. Got a mcp350 and mcp355 /w Petra's top and I never hear either over hdd's or fans. Never used a 655 but sound level isn't a problem with either imo.

I was also told by the online retailer that far more MCP355 units are returned due to having problems than the MCP655.

That was one reason I was looking at the MCP655.

Now...Once I change the head on the MCP355...How much better does it outperform the MCP655?

I have an older 350 and a 355. Both are still going strong. The 350 is almost 5 years old now. The reliability issues were fixed a long time ago.

http://martinsliquidlab.petrastech.com/DDC...TopTesting.html

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117215

I tried to find a post I made on another forum...I had all kinds of charts that showed how the 355 and the 655 compared. It's lost somewhere but the 355 /w top is considerably better than the 655.

I prefer the 655 or D5 pump and option 1 The heatkiller blocks are top quality parts from what I have read. THere are aftermarket pump housings for the 655 now so you can use g1/4 fittings instead of the factory barb. It is larger than the 355 but IMHO its better long term.