Water-Cooled Antec 300

Pretty nice job there...

I may WC my rig at some point (years, months, decades? who knows?), I'd think it would be pretty easy too as I only have to use up 4 optical/HD slots and I can cut the rest out...

• 1 year later...

Pretty nice job there...

I may WC my rig at some point (years, months, decades? who knows?), I'd think it would be pretty easy too as I only have to use up 4 optical/HD slots and I can cut the rest out...

I just bought a Antec 300 along with:

i7 930

Asus P6X58D-E

6gigs of Corsair CMX6GX3M3C1600C7

Kingston SSD

Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W Continuous Power

ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) Radeon HD 4350 512MB

Everything arrived last Thursday and I'm anxious to build the rig. I eventually want to go with water cooling and overclock to 4 Ghz or so...

Is it OK to use the stock cooler on the 930 for now while I'm researching what kind of water cooling stuff to pick up? (Obviously woudn't overclock yet)

Also, would there be an improvement with a larger, three fan radiator mounted outside the case, (maybe on top...) Or would the parts people list here be enough for the job?

Thanks in advance!

I just bought a Antec 300 along with:

i7 930

Asus P6X58D-E

6gigs of Corsair CMX6GX3M3C1600C7

Kingston SSD

Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W Continuous Power

ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) Radeon HD 4350 512MB

Everything arrived last Thursday and I'm anxious to build the rig. I eventually want to go with water cooling and overclock to 4 Ghz or so...

Is it OK to use the stock cooler on the 930 for now while I'm researching what kind of water cooling stuff to pick up? (Obviously woudn't overclock yet)

Also, would there be an improvement with a larger, three fan radiator mounted outside the case, (maybe on top...) Or would the parts people list here be enough for the job?

Thanks in advance!

For future reference you should always make your own thread instead of bringing back a year old thread.

At stock setting the Intel cooler will be fine, I wouldn't see any issue using it until you get a new cooler/waterblock.

12. Do not dig up old threads! If you want to continue a discussion from an old thread (older than 2-3 months), create a new thread and reference the old one in your opening post if necessary. There is very little reason to dig up an old thread.