In the Cell Phone Market Again

DLS2008

Any phone that isn't 3G is a poor choice for that matter alone.

I cannot agree more.

I surf all the time on my EDGE iPhone. It works, and I've been very happy with it. It actually surfed faster than my MOTO Razr 3G.

Then my wife got an iPhone 3G. Holy cow... it is a night and day difference between her web speed and my web speed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my BB Storm and it is freakin awesome. In my opinion way nicer than the IPhone.

I can't get the Storm as I won't be using Verizon.

Any phone that isn't 3G is a poor choice for that matter alone.

This is so true. I notice a huge difference when I venture to areas that don't have 3G coverage. I want 3G, no doubt about it. The Curve is out for this reason, and the Bold I just can't justify the price.

Still between the iPhone and the Fuze... Leaning iPhone.

lol I'm with you on verzion... I pretty much hate any CDMA based network... GSM = no activation fee every time you switch phones. I just swap SIM cards and go.... As for those pro on iPhone you still and probably never will have flash.. and they are working on full blown flash on both WinMo and Android. I actually might look into putting android on my Fuse when I get it.

Edited by Compxpert

I'm not sure whether this phone is available in your area but if size isnt an issue you might like the HTC U1000? I've been using it for a while and have no complains other than the keyboard. (it doesnt glow in the dark so making typing quite hard) and pretty average camera quality.

It comes with a full keyboard, touch screen, 8 gb internal memory and you can use memory cards, bluetooth, Wifi, Hsdpa (its 3.5g), GPS, mobile office to access word and pdf doc, a 3MP camera and a VGA/TV output.

There is suppose to be a newer version of it. You might not be interested in this since you want to use your headphones but it has really decent speakers.

As for those pro on iPhone you still and probably never will have flash.. and they are working on full blown flash on both WinMo and Android. I actually might look into putting android on my Fuse when I get it.

I have yet to find a compelling need to have Flash on my iPhone. None of the sites I frequent use it for anything other than ads. Sure, I can't view Flash based video sites, but then again, I don't do much of that even while on the computer. Plus, I have Youtube and Break.com, so it's not like I can't access online video content at all.

The iPhone doesn't have Flash support. So what?

I have yet to find a compelling need to have Flash on my iPhone. None of the sites I frequent use it for anything other than ads. Sure, I can't view Flash based video sites, but then again, I don't do much of that even while on the computer. Plus, I have Youtube and Break.com, so it's not like I can't access online video content at all.

The iPhone doesn't have Flash support. So what?

Last I remember iPhone didn't even have a2dp support... so my headphones wouldn't even work in stereo on one, only in mono. did they add it in gen 2? For me I would like to have flash support... I wished they had the full flash out for WinMo now but they don't but I suppose to each his own. Pretty much the only reason I never wanted one was due to no a2dp, the unlikelyness of apple ever wanting flash, and no full keyboard only touchscreen based which is a deal breaker for me as I can't stand touch screen keyboards.

Edit: addon... plus memory isn't expandable so if I bought an 8gig and wanted a 16gig now I'd have to go and buy a completely new device. That's why I make sure I get phones that have some type of sd that expands to at least 16gb so if I need it I can just go and buy a new card for cheaper then a whole new phone. Now if apple added expandable mem ontop of what they have internally then I might change my mind perhaps gen 3?

Edited by Compxpert

The 3.0 software will have A2DP support. I don't care much for expandable memory as 8GB is more than enough for taking around tunes on a daily basis. I have a regular iPod for my full collection that I use in my car. No need to carry around several thousand songs if I'm only going to listen to a couple dozen songs a day and swapping them out is very easy via iTunes.

As for physical keyboards, not all are superior to the iPhone's virtual keyboard. I was just using my dad's Blackberry and the keys were so tiny as to make it almost unusable. I had to peck at the keys whereas with the iPhone's virtual keyboard I'm typing away very naturally as though on a much larger physical keyboard, like the ones on HTC devices. However, at that point you've got to worry about the large size of the device, and after having experienced that, I much rather prefer the slimmer iPhone, especially when I type just as quickly on its virtual keyboard as I did on the physical keyboard with my HTC devices.

The 3.0 software will have A2DP support. I don't care much for expandable memory as 8GB is more than enough for taking around tunes on a daily basis. I have a regular iPod for my full collection that I use in my car. No need to carry around several thousand songs if I'm only going to listen to a couple dozen songs a day and swapping them out is very easy via iTunes.

As for physical keyboards, not all are superior to the iPhone's virtual keyboard. I was just using my dad's Blackberry and the keys were so tiny as to make it almost unusable. I had to peck at the keys whereas with the iPhone's virtual keyboard I'm typing away very naturally as though on a much larger physical keyboard, like the ones on HTC devices. However, at that point you've got to worry about the large size of the device, and after having experienced that, I much rather prefer the slimmer iPhone, especially when I type just as quickly on its virtual keyboard as I did on the physical keyboard with my HTC devices.

Which is why I like the Fuse... Touchscreen which I like about iPhone and a decent keyboard. I myself have no major problems with WinMo... though just today it did take me a bit to figure out how to get my phone to vibrate on texts... apart from setting it up WinMo runs fine and I can find a wide array of free apps for it too. I am a bit skeptical of the new WinMo they are coming out with.. the one with the honeycomb startmenu... kinda wondering how that is gonna work out. Honestly I think because of its past history people are a little wary of WinMo but it has improved and probably a couple things I can thank the iPhone for are the improvements M$ has made and the fact we have all of these new touchscreen devices now.

Edited by Compxpert

I'm planning to look at the Apple iPhone, HTC Fuze, and Blackberry Curve. Are there any other phones that are AT&T phones what I should play with at the store?

Compxpert, have you tried VMWare's new Mobile Virtualization Platform (MVP)? It allows you to run multiple OS's on one phone. Say Windows Mobile and Android.

Another thing I thought of... Will my Jawbone Bluetooth Headset work with the iPhone?

I'm planning to look at the Apple iPhone, HTC Fuze, and Blackberry Curve. Are there any other phones that are AT&T phones what I should play with at the store?

Compxpert, have you tried VMWare's new Mobile Virtualization Platform (MVP)? It allows you to run multiple OS's on one phone. Say Windows Mobile and Android.

Another thing I thought of... Will my Jawbone Bluetooth Headset work with the iPhone?

Yeah I heard about being able to dual boot on phones now... I mostly heard tho about someone dual booting WinMo on an iPhone. Dunno if that's true or not.