ASUS A8N32-SLI deluxe 1 long beep 2 short

ok so this is my friends computer and i went to turn his virtual memory up for him since he had never done this after adding 2 gigs of ram and he alrready had 1 gig..so i turned it up as regarding to the VM formula and have done this many many times....well after doing this and restarting the computer it did not boot back up to even bios. all it does is give me a post code beep of 1 long and 2 short beeps..which means:

1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered

well so then i resat both video cards,tried every comination of ram that i could think of: removing some, even took mine out of mine and replaced his.. thought it might be a combatibilty issue since by me turning it up the VM it kicked in the in the 2 gig kit of kingston ram.. and the other gig he has is 2 x 512mb OCZ dual channel ram.. please any opinions that are actually helping are welcome i dont know what to do next.. i figure maybe get ahold of 3 gigs of pc3200 (which all this is btw) that are the same, which would be really really hard for me.. or get ahold of another gig of kingston pc3200 some how..this way all the ram would be the exact same?

i just basically want to get it working again even if it means its working for a short bit enough for me to go back in and turn back down his VM

What you are saying is a little confusing. Are you saying you added some RAM making it a total of 3GB then changed the ammount of virtual memory and that caused the PC to no longer post?

Are you sure nothing else has happend that could have caused an inability to post? I think somewhere you mentioned multiple GFX cards? Tried taking one out seen as it appears to be a GFX error.

Sorry, you've got me all confused :wacko::blink:

1 long 2 short is video not ram, leave the ram alone, idk why you would be messing with the ram when you know its a video issue, and try booting with each card seperately. If that does not work try a different card.

1 long 2 short is video not ram, leave the ram alone, idk why you would be messing with the ram when you know its a video issue, and try booting with each card seperately. If that does not work try a different card.

that error sometimes means some kind of video error which means it could be ram since that is the only thing that was messed with by changing the VM.. plus i dont see how by me only changing the VM it could do this..and yes i tried also to boot with each card

Clear CMOS, and then try switching around cards and stuff.

Reseat everything.

sorry if i sounded rude i wasnt meaning to sound that way...and yes i cleared cmos and was going to basically strip the computer completely down next and re install and check everything one by one