Iphone. Bug, Or Real Problem?

CompX

This is the best place I could find to post this, but if you have to move it go ahead. I recently got an iPhone and it is freaking sweet. I'm on it right now actually. Anyways the other day the bottom speaker quit working on it. I can still hear while on the phone with somebody. People said it was from the audio jack bugging out and thinking the ear buds were still plugged in but I tried their solution but to no avail. Does anybody else have a clue? I'm totally lost right now. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to have to assume that the "silent" switch hasn't been turned on, has it? :D Sorry... have to ask. :P

The iPhone 3G does have some reported issues where the phone for some reason thinks that the ear phones are still connected.... this can usually be fixed by inserting and removing the earphones a couple of times.

What version of the iPhone software are you running? Might try updating to the latest version if you don't have it...

Other than that, I'd take it into AT&T or an Apple Store.

the internal speaker being broken isn't much better than having it fixed lol. just get some head phones, it wouldn't be worth the time to get it repaired (unless getting it fixed would be free).

if he got an iphone from an at&t store, it will be replaced under the warranty. he stated the speaker is also involved in speakerphone, and alerts (messages and calls). he's not going to walk around with headphones on all day.

i would go to the AT&T store. they'll replace it for you.