How To Establish Q6600's Revision?

You can call me SLACR (fortunately).

I've found it on the sticker, on the heatshield, and cpu-z.

Thank you all.

p.s.

but have a lil issue with my p5q-pro. there's no mb sounds. i didn't get a speaker with the mobo, i assume because it has an integrated one (there's a buzzer symbol on the board). But there is no sound from it. Any ideas?

SLACR/G0 doesn't really indicate anything in terms of overclocking ability... the VID is a better indication... I think this *might* be on the box sticker... mine was OEM so I had no way of telling the VID before installation...

I think 1.200v is the lowest and 1.325v is the highest... very good to decidedly average overclocking respectively

SLACR/G0 doesn't really indicate anything in terms of overclocking ability... the VID is a better indication... I think this *might* be on the box sticker... mine was OEM so I had no way of telling the VID before installation...

I think 1.200v is the lowest and 1.325v is the highest... very good to decidedly average overclocking respectively

yeah you're right, though probably most of the lower VID Q6600's are G0's. I heard that the new G0's don't clock as high as the first one's released so I guess the VID really IS the only indicator you can truly put faith into

yeah you're right, though probably most of the lower VID Q6600's are G0's. I heard that the new G0's don't clock as high as the first one's released so I guess the VID really IS the only indicator you can truly put faith into

I think the biggest thing here is that when you produce the same stepping for as long as they have been with G0, there's just too many chips out there to say they're all good or not good. At some point, you're going to end up with some pretty big variance just based on how many they've released. That's why I liked the old AMD way where we used week/year instead :)