Old Celeron D 320

PingoPongo

I dont have the E8500 etc rig yet...So im running a old Celeron D 320 atm. (socket 478, 2.4ghz stock). Got a AsRock P4VM900 mobo.

Ive been trying to OC it. Got it stable @ 2.8ghz. Wanted to go 3ghz, but wont boot... Can it be the ram? (1gb of Kingston & 256mb of MCI... both DDR333)

Anybody have any ideas or mods in mind? Btw is it possible to unlock the multiplier somehow? Wont be rly a big deal if i fry it :P

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=487493

here's the CPU-Z...

Edited by PingoPongo

Will try. (Sry not too good overclocker, only overclocked my friends Athlon X2 4400+ to 2.8ghz simply by uping the FSB.)

Thx for info.

As you raise the FSB, the memory frequency goes up as well (meaning that you're overclocking the memory)

With that said, you can do one of two things:

1. Reduce the memory divider (if it is an option in BIOS). This will cause the ratio at which the memory runs compared to the FSB to be lower (meaning, the memory will run at a lower speed - you're looking for somewhere around the stock frequency)
  2. Overclock the memory: loosen the timings, possibly up the voltage (within reason), see how far you can get.

If you don't have the capability to change those options within BIOS, it's going to be pretty difficult / hit-or-miss.

Good luck! :thumbs-up:

Well i dont have those options in the BIOS... but i changed "PCI-E clock operation mode" from sync to async and i got it to 3ghz. Gonna try to get further in a bit.

Btw i have a stock cooler... with 3ghz im running 32C idle and 56C full load (OCCT for 30mins)

EDIT: Almost forgot... http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=488938

Edited by PingoPongo