Which One Of These Two Is Better?

mikozee

Which one's better? (Read additional note)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one's better? (Read additional note)

• Choice A
    • Choice B

So I've officially narrowed it down to one of these two laptops. Their both great for gaming; One has a slightly better processor and the other has twice as much video memory (1gig). Price is of no objection for me.

So it's really down to either A.) Better processor or B.) Better video memory.

Choice A (processor): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220483

Choice B (Memory): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834101166

Additional note: Aesthetically, I like choice B better. It also has an external speaker control (gasp!). However, it doesn't have a built-in Bluetooth device like Choice A does. People complain that Choice B's monitor seems to glare a lot. However, even worse is that people seem to complain that Choice A's battery sucks, which I'm sure the large battery on Choice B compensates for. What worries me is that people complain about the fan on Choice B. It seems to be rather loud and seems to turn on and off by itself.

Bluetooth can be solved via Bluetooth USB. Fan can also be solved via USB cooler. Monitor (kind of expensive) can be solved by buying an actual monitor. Money-wise, getting Choice B would ultimately lead to a possible $2100+ laptop.

What also irritates me is that Choice B seems to be bloated with crap. Ya know, the usual crap that companies like to obesidize (is that a word? lol) their computers with. Choice A is sparkling clean compared to Choice B.

Side-side note: What's the difference between NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS and NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS.

According to here on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...9xxxM.29_series

The 9800m gs has a slightly slower core clock along with less memory. Personally, I don't think you're going to see that much difference in gaming between the two processors, so I would get the one with the 9800m gts, as the extra memory will help you play more games at the laptop's native resolution.

The gateway's build quality is GREAT. CPU and VGA temps are comparable to a desktop system and you actually have thermal room to OC the video :) I <3 my "old" P-6860 FX :)

The only complaint is the LCD quality, it's not the best (though certainly not the worst) but at the laptop's price point and feature set its not bad at all. Plus you CAN swap it out for the LCDs used in the upper end gateway models fairly easy (few guides on the net even).

I wish now mine was one of the PM45 based versions but they were JUST coming out back then so PM965 will have to do :(