Need Help Deciding Which Cooler Would Be Best For My Graphics Card

IVIYTH0S

Here's what I like so far

Thermalright HR-03GTX

Scythe Musashi (not sure if it will fit)

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX

That SilenX one that was just reviewed

There doesn't seem to be too much that fits the 200 series, does anyone recommend any of my potential choices, or has some of their own to share. Thanks!

All of those coolers have their advantages/disadvantages and differences, whether it be size or noise after you decide to add a fan, placed it on the card and trying hard to actually put the whole package in your case lol. I am biased towards the HR-03 GTX, I had the older model, HR-03 Plus cooling my volt modded 8800GTX. Now, as you well know, the gtx 280's/260's run way cooler than the older cards. Having said that, my HR-03 plus kept my hot volt modded 8800gtx cool at 60's never going over 70's while gaming or benching. So, I am safely assuming that the HR-03 GTX will cool your gtx 260/280, which run cooler, efficiently.

All of those coolers have their advantages/disadvantages and differences, whether it be size or noise after you decide to add a fan, placed it on the card and trying hard to actually put the whole package in your case lol. I am biased towards the HR-03 GTX, I had the older model, HR-03 Plus cooling my volt modded 8800GTX. Now, as you well know, the gtx 280's/260's run way cooler than the older cards. Having said that, my HR-03 plus kept my hot volt modded 8800gtx cool at 60's never going over 70's while gaming or benching. So, I am safely assuming that the HR-03 GTX will cool your gtx 260/280, which run cooler, efficiently.

I think the accelero isn't out yet (atleast that's what it seems like) and the scythe probably wont fit so I'll probably settle on the HR-03GTX. I hear the Silenx one is expensive but I'll go poking around.

If the HR-03[GTX] is as good as you say it is, maybe this will be my first videocard that I volt mod with. I know I'm gonna at least softmod for the first time with this card and run it at the bios allowable 280gtx voltage (1.18v vs. 1.12v) which should let me go alot farther.

does it only take one 120mm, or is it like the Trad where you can run two 92mm's or two 80mm's