How Much Is Too Much?

bg8780

idk he mentioned in the post it was a EVGA, but i saw another brand 780i with a similar method in a different position. never checked it for any other board than this one i own

How much voltage is too high for a 65nm proc? Ive heard running at 1.45v will hurt it after awhile.

Anything above stock volts will 'hurt' it and lower the expected life span. But even raising the volts significantly probably won't lower it so much that it will still be alive and kicking by the time you replace it anyways. As far as the max volts it can take all depends on what you're comfortable with while also keeping it cool. So basically it depends on if you're willing to burn it up if you want to go higher than what the average person will. But hey, we're OC'ers here...not average ;)

Are you trying to go from 450x8 straight to 450x9? Thats not that exactly the best way to do it. Always best to go up in increments and work your way up.

Edited by Raiderfan001

I have tried a FSB of 1900 475*8=3800 but i wasnt happy with my SPP and MCP temps so i went back down to 1800 fsb.

I wanted to take the stress off of the Mobo and put it on to the CPU via bumping up the multiplier.

I think ive come to the conclusion my chip isnt capable of 4ghz. I tried giving it 1.55v and everywhere in between. I also set my GTRL Lanes to +80 but all to no avail