N00bish Question

suchuwato

Probably really obvious, but I'm not in the right frame of mind to work it out...

It's set to 350x8, giving 2800ghz - on boot and in system information it reports this, but CPUZ says 350.4x6 giving 2102.4mhz (350x6) - is it an issue with CPUZ? CoreTemp is the same...

I thought I had it disabled... I'll go check

Edit: Ok, so I had it disabled, but I disabled every other CPU feature, and it's reporting 3800mhz now :) It would help if my DFI book explained any of the settings! Can anyone link to a list for the DK?

My new Computer keeps putting my E7300 @ 1.6ghz when its not really being used a lot, when I play a game speeds go back to 2.66ghz, I guess it's the P5Q Pro trying to save energy. I don't mind as long as it goes to normal in games.

afaik the P5Q pro has an odd powersaving feature - can't remember what it's called. I'm building a system with one this week though, so I'll soon see :lol:

ICH9R temp is reporting 50 :O so I've got to back down the volts maybe... but then again the heatsink on it is pathetic.

afaik the P5Q pro has an odd powersaving feature - can't remember what it's called. I'm building a system with one this week though, so I'll soon see :lol:

ICH9R temp is reporting 50 :O so I've got to back down the volts maybe... but then again the heatsink on it is pathetic.

The temps are wrong on mine, RealTemp says 52 degrees but doesn't change, the motherboard said 20 degrees. <_<