Overclock E8400 ( Total Newb! )

Rickz

yeah what i did was.... like what i told u guys my settings are:

CPU Multiplier = 9

RAM Multiplier = 2.50A

423 * 9 = 3800

423 * 2.5 = 1058

RAM Voltage = 2.08

CPU Voltage = 1.3825 but only stable on prime95 small fft for 1hour and 20minutes but i want it to be 8 hours plus stable

RAM Timing = 5 5 5 18

everything else is stock... and what program do u use to check for north bridge voltage coz i dont know what mine is...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah what i did was.... like what i told u guys my settings are:

CPU Multiplier = 9

RAM Multiplier = 2.50A

423 * 9 = 3800

423 * 2.5 = 1058

RAM Voltage = 2.08

CPU Voltage = 1.3825 but only stable on prime95 small fft for 1hour and 20minutes but i want it to be 8 hours plus stable

RAM Timing = 5 5 5 18

everything else is stock... and what program do u use to check for north bridge voltage coz i dont know what mine is...

Have you disabled the cpu features, im not sure what they are called on your board, but if they are enabled you will never get it stable. the ones you need to disable are, thermal management control, ppm(eist) mode, limit cpuid maxval, c1e function, virtualization technology. If you disable these it will be a lot easyer to get it stable. Hope this helps.

Edited by crazy8s846

-_- .............................. i hope that wasnt referring to me..............................................................................

but i got something new.... i managed to get my core at 3.8ghz stable for 9hours... only change is the cpu multiplier and the fsb from 9, 423 to 8.5, 448 with a cpu voltage of 3.8 but that is too high so ima work my way down.... yes i know i should have start from lowest vcore and went up... but im nooob

-_- .............................. i hope that wasnt referring to me..............................................................................

but i got something new.... i managed to get my core at 3.8ghz stable for 9hours... only change is the cpu multiplier and the fsb from 9, 423 to 8.5, 448 with a cpu voltage of 3.8 but that is too high so ima work my way down.... yes i know i should have start from lowest vcore and went up... but im nooob

CPU voltage of 3.8???? I hope you are joking lol....you hardly need to set ur cpu voltage! 1.3volts will be more than enough for all your overclocking unless you have watercooling!

If you put ur CPU @ 3.8volts ur lights will dim and ur christmas tree will catch fire omfg lol please tell me you didnt put it at 3.8volts XD

CPU voltage of 3.8???? I hope you are joking lol....you hardly need to set ur cpu voltage! 1.3volts will be more than enough for all your overclocking unless you have watercooling!

If you put ur CPU @ 3.8volts ur lights will dim and ur christmas tree will catch fire omfg lol please tell me you didnt put it at 3.8volts XD

oppps.... i keep thinking about the list 2 number of the voltage only... but what i mean is 1.38.... hahahha sorry and i dont think it is possible to put it that high on my board.... -_- ahahah thkx for spotting that

im doing prime 95 now 3hours and 30minutes already... at 1.36volts... same setting as before