First Timer, Q6600 Oc

crazyjeep

Hey all, First timer here. Overclocked my Q6600 this evening. I know I can push it a little more, but hesitant. This is what I got going on.

Q6600 G0 OC to 3.4ghz, 8x425 , just changed the bus, voltage not adjusted(scared to play with them, any good reads)

Its on a MSI P45 Platinum Motherboard, and I just purchased a CoolerMaster Hyper z600 cooler. Im getting the 3.4ghz at 40c at full load. Running prime95 over night, but seems very stable from what I have seen already. Any suggestions or tweaks, and what kind of info would be useful for u guys?

CJ

That's a really nice temperature for 3,4GHZ, you can try 3,6 or even 3,8 but you will probably have to increase the Vcore a bit. Just try increasing it step for step, I personally never go above 1,45v.

yeah increase the vcore in small increments and restart. Then run p95 again. U should be able to do 3.6~3.8 with that board and considering ur temps it wont be a problem. U can try 400*9 = 3.6GHZ right away using 1.45 V.......and if thats not stable go for 1.48~1.5V and it should be stable. Then check ur temps under load again.

that's very cool....i guess i had one of those cpu's that wouldn't oc for beans. it wouldn't hold at 3.4 and was shakey at 3.2. i eventually gave it up and left it at a lower frequncy. pretty soon here i'll try it again with some of the ocz 1066 that i have in this machine. i have some pc2-9600 on the way that will free up the faster ram for the q6600 machine.....good luck with it.......cj