Temperature Problem With E8400 Non Overclocked

D@3HaM1nGuK

Even with artic silver and laping your cpu you would not see a max of 5c drop, is your processor 60c when it is at 100% load or is it idleing that high, you should check your heatsink and make sure the bottum of it is not cuped, you should try reseating your heat sink also. Make sure it is setting flat on the cpu, how much termal paste are you useing on your heatsink. how did you apply it. how are you loading your processor, what program are you using.

I see you posted 51c at 10%. there is something not right about your heat sink, its cupped, or not seated right, is the fan in the heat sink working and at what rpm is it running.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60degrees when im at load 100% cpu usage

program im currently using now is real temp.

my cpu is not laps.

i used the compound that was give with the cooler and i applied more then enough onto it, no my heat sink is not cuped its nice and flat... i applied it with the brush that was given on the cap of the lid of the bottle.... im loading my processer with everest ultimate edition..... need more info?? just ask^^

yes its seated and braced down tightly onto the cpu so that the 2 smooth nice flat surface is having the best contact and my cpu fan is working good its at 2500rpm

I would not waste the money on silver paste the thermal paste that came with the heat sink is suppose to be pretty good. How many volts are you running on vcore. My E8500 was idleing at 40c and at load was hitting 70c at 1.36 volts on air, so you might just have to live with it, or go water like i did. I wouldnt worry about it if real temp is saying you are running at 51c on your cores under load thats about right for the processor, and real temp is the only program you should trust with your processor, i would not pay attention to what the other programs are tell you. Id say they are not right. My E8500 at 1.36 with a water block runs 32c idle and 52c under load at 1.36 volts, i think the only way your going to bring your temps down any lower is to buy a better heat sink or go water.

Edited by crazy8s846

ok kool.... as long as i know that its normal for my cpu temp to be like that then i guess i shall live with it and just change the temperature alert thing in my bios to like 70 or 80 degrees..... thanks for the help guys^^

ok kool.... as long as i know that its normal for my cpu temp to be like that then i guess i shall live with it and just change the temperature alert thing in my bios to like 70 or 80 degrees..... thanks for the help guys^^

Id set it at 72c thats about the max for a E8400.

Id set it at 72c thats about the max for a E8400.

ahh ok kool man thanks for all the help.... and thx to eveyone that also gave advice to this... thx pplz

p.s

could another problem be that coz i just installed the new cooler to it and it has not set properly that is why its over heating?...

ahh ok kool man thanks for all the help.... and thx to eveyone that also gave advice to this... thx pplz

p.s

could another problem be that coz i just installed the new cooler to it and it has not set properly that is why its over heating?...

Its not really over heating, it running with in the perrameters that are set by intel. It could drop 1c or 2c when, or if the paste cures. If it were running at 73c it would be overheating. You have probably just got one that runs warm like mine. Every processor is differant. like i said my E8500 ran 40c idle on air at 1.36, i had a E8400 that ran 28c idle on air at 1.36 but was a crappy processor when it came to overclocking it took a lot of voltage it to do anything. I had to pump 1.4 just to get it stable at 3.8, the 8500 ive got now runs at 4.012 with 1.36. So i would not worry about it unless it really does start to over heat.

Its not really over heating, it running with in the perrameters that are set by intel. It could drop 1c or 2c when, or if the paste cures. If it were running at 73c it would be overheating. You have probably just got one that runs warm like mine. Every processor is differant. like i said my E8500 ran 40c idle on air at 1.36, i had a E8400 that ran 28c idle on air at 1.36 but was a crappy processor when it came to overclocking it took a lot of voltage it to do anything. I had to pump 1.4 just to get it stable at 3.8, the 8500 ive got now runs at 4.012 with 1.36. So i would not worry about it unless it really does start to over heat.

oh and now i know why the computer beeps at 60 degrees aswell... coz it uses the temp form the northbridge aswell at the cpu temp... and i realised that the north bridge is hot compare to the cpu.... so i think the beep is coz of that and since i got real temp the temp of the cores are relatively low... about 30 degrees overclocked at 3.6ghz ^^

oh and now i know why the computer beeps at 60 degrees aswell... coz it uses the temp form the northbridge aswell at the cpu temp... and i realised that the north bridge is hot compare to the cpu.... so i think the beep is coz of that and since i got real temp the temp of the cores are relatively low... about 30 degrees overclocked at 3.6ghz ^^

You should get a 60mm of 70mm fan and put it on your northbridge.

You should get a 60mm of 70mm fan and put it on your northbridge.

yeah since i have the stock gigabyte silent pipe on i think i might get a 40mm fan and attach it onto it....

eg.... http://xtreview.com/images/gigabyte%20GA%20-X48-Dq6%2002.jpg

why 40mm? coz i have a socket A cpu with a small 40mm fan on it and i might use that... hoping it will work... plus my zalman 9700 wont let me add a larger fan onto the north bridge coz the cooler only leaves enough space for a 40mm fan to be added to north bridge before its too close to the cpu cooler..

Edited by D@3HaM1nGuK