Bf2142 And Vista...

itsernst

I cannot get this @#$%^ game to play for the life of me. I updated every driver on my PC, Punkbuster, all patches from EA, as well as disabling all Vista related junk. Still it crashes when loading maps. I have set my resolution as low as 800x600 and still it crashes...I do not know what to do.

The program will start up and when i click to play single or multi, it says "bf2142.exe has encountered an error and needs to close." The details are:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: BF2142.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4833ed6d

Fault Module Name: StackHash_d0a7

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 61657053

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d0a7

Additional Information 2: 7210833ebe27d8112b059bc22094d7ec

Additional Information 3: f597

Additional Information 4: a5c97a16f1d0b1083bb29b51db9111e2

PC: Vista Home Premium 32 bit

ATI Radeon 3870HD

Q6660

I cannot find anything on fault module name StackHash

Plz...help me.

Edited by itsernst

I have a similiar problem with that game and vista. I used to be able to play on xp and i still play a bunch of other games, but bf2142 will not work. I can play for like 2 min then i get a problem with my connection error and my game shuts down. This is the only game it occurs in which sucks.

any way good luck finding a fix

It works fine on my computer (Vista x64) and my roommate's computer (Vista x32).

I have tried every fix I can find. After trying several of these fixes...now it will not even start up. When i try opening the program it won't even load, it just errors out.

Man this is a PITA.

It works fine on my computer (Vista x64) and my roommate's computer (Vista x32).

I envy you

naw

are you using the disk version? if so any ideas on connection problem

i know this is a bit extreme but have you tried reformatting? just up to you whether or not its worth it to play heh.

THat would be the next step but I have too much going on do that. I thought about dual booting XP and trying it...that is still left to be decided.

Have you tried turning off the Vista UAC when installing BF2142, I heard that it can prevent files etc being installed or services etc from being configured correctly.

I have UAC disabled completely; Turned off Bitdefender 09 as well.