Thermaltake V1 Cooler

AR-fatality

I have two options - Thermaltake Duo Orb or V1........but lately ive read that the Duo Orb has several clearance issues which requires too much fiddling with the motherboard. Is the V1 cooler good enough to keep temperatures under 70c when a q6600 is ocd to 3Ghz ~3.4Ghz? If anyone is using this particular cooler the temps under oc'd load would be really helpful. Help appreciated

Both of those coolers should have no problem keeping it under 70C, maybe at 60C since the Q6600's do tend to get a bit toasty, depending on the overclock.

Are those your only options for heatsinks? You can probably pick up a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme for around the same price as the V1 and would probably also cool the quad better.

Edited by damian

Both of those coolers should have no problem keeping it under 70C, maybe at 60C since the Q6600's do tend to get a bit toasty, depending on the overclock.

Are those your only options for heatsinks? You can probably pick up a Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme for around the same price as the V1 and would probably also cool the quad better.

I wanted to get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme......but sadly they arent available here right now.......so i'l have to settle for a V1. Thanks damian

You can probably pick up a Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme for around the same price as the V1 and would probably also cool the quad better.

I think you mean Thermalright :P

*sorry a little off topic but congratz on the reviewer job*

I think you mean Thermalright :P

*sorry a little off topic but congratz on the reviewer job*

heh yes i do..fixed :P

Thermaltake thermalright :rolleyes:

And thanks :)

Edited by damian