Which Card Is Good For Someone Who Doesn't Play A Lot

I wanted some ideas on what would be a good "bang for your buck" card to buy. I heard that the ATI HD4670 was pretty good for its price, more bang for your buck than the 9600GSO, is that true? I do not want to spend more than 100 dollars, since I do not play games all too often. I do need an upgrade though, since I have a rather slow 8600gt, and cannot play games at good resolution with it. Any sub $100 USD card recommendations? or should I just wait and see if they bring out any better cards for the sub-$100 market?

@ $50 after MIR a 9600GSO/8800GS is near impossible to beat.

Once I do my swap of folding parts later this week I'll know a little more about the gaming potential, but so far it folds nicely :lol:

The 680i's getting demoted to make way for a P45 board, however for the first time ever it'll have 3 "good" video cards in it (3 x 384mb 9600GSO) :D I plan on running a few games on it with single card and SLI setups to see how well that can hold me over when/if I do a step -up on my GTX 260.

I'd hop up to a 9600GT. It's faster than the GSO, and can be had under $100.

9600GSO

Processor Cores 96

Graphics Clock (MHz) 550 MHz

Processor Clock (MHz) 1375 MHz

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 26.4

Memory Specs:

Memory Clock (MHz) 800 MHz

Standard Memory Config 384MB

Memory Interface Width 192-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 38.4

9600GT

Stream Processors 64

Core Clock (MHz) 650 MHz

Shader Clock (MHz) 1625 MHz

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 20.8

Memory Clock (MHz) 900 MHz

Memory Amount 512MB

Memory Interface 256-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 57.6

"Faster" depends on the test used from the reviews Ive seen, but I havent seen anyone selling a 9600GT for $50 so I stand by the GSO personally, but wouldn't say the Gigabyte 9600GT for $60 is a bad idea either.

I just upgraded to an evga 9600gt superclocked edition and highly recommend it! The performance is amazing and the price is fantastic. Paid less than $100 on ebay, but if you shop around you can probably find one with a rebate (if you don't mind messing with those things) and get it for around $60-$80. This card is hard to beat for the price, I'm very happy with mine.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer