Q6700 Overclocking Help

I recently upgraded my computer and got a Q6700, Tuniq tower 120, and an abit ix38 quadgt. So far trying to overclock my q6700 has been an experiment in disappointment. The VID of the chip is 1.325v (from what I gather thats a pretty bad VID). It's not even stable at 3.5ghz with 1.5v, and the vdroop seems like its alot (1.5v set/idle -> 1.44v load). Currently I have it running at 1.45v and 3.25ghz (325x10). However, I'm still pretty new to this (this if my first time posting here and my first c2d intel cpu) so I think I might be missing something. Also, what *exactly* is cpu VTT?

hey....

I got the same setup....

you need to make sure you up the NorthBridge voltage to 1.45v to get that quad running sweet...

my chip defaults to 1.19v and I run it at 1.25v at 300x10 and it needs 1.45v to hit 380x10

but to get it stable I had to bump the northbridge core up to 1.45v as well....

make sure you have the best bios for the quad in the board....

you can check the full thread over at abit's forums for more info....

http://forum.uabit.com/

Thanks! It took me a while to figure out what the north bridge voltage is (its "MCH voltage" on my board, which I though was 'memory controller hub', which i suppose the NB technically is but meh). Currently running my CPU at 3ghz with 1.35v core (need 1.42 before!) and plan to go higher. Also, what is cpu VTT - I looked it up and it stands for "cpu voltage termination", and apparently fried one of the 45nm chips at toms hardware. But does it help with OC'ing at all?

Edit: almost forgot, I have bios 12, i tried 13 and 14 but they dont play nice with my HD4870x2 (no video output, if i boot with that and another card the hd4870x2 doesn't show up). Thanks again

Edited by Gavin_Capacitor