Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm

Blackfire

Guys what your views on Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm fan is it really that quiet that company says?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/2005/dcfans/...derblade120.htm

& which thing should i look in my motherboard to see that how many cabinet fans & lights it support. & is there any software by which i can control speed of the fan.

I had some of those at some point and no they aren't that quiet when you run them directly on 12V, what I did is reverse the molex connectors so they run on 5V instead. You won't be able to software control the fans since they work with a molex and the 3 pin connector only has the fan speed sensor wire. Since they run off the PSU, you can use as many as you want, although your board only has a certain amount of fans it can monitor (that's in your manual)

I had some of those at some point and no they aren't that quiet when you run them directly on 12V, what I did is reverse the molex connectors so they run on 5V instead. You won't be able to software control the fans since they work with a molex and the 3 pin connector only has the fan speed sensor wire. Since they run off the PSU, you can use as many as you want, although your board only has a certain amount of fans it can monitor (that's in your manual)

ok so it is not as quiet as they say but is it loud or the sound it creates it tolerable?

haha I was actually going to pick up 3 of those for my radiator. But I guess not now. I thought the dba to cfm ratio was excellent

That's what I thought too when I got them, but 21dba makes no sense anyways, that's about ambient noise. Unless you really want something flashy just get some Yate Loons, they're cheap and perform well!

It's tolerable since they don't make the annoying sound graphic cards tend to do at high speeds. Unless I'm benching I don't wanna hear my PC though, at first I didn't mind but it gets old fast. On 5V they did pretty good though ;)

Edited by Zertz

first i plan to buy to Scythe S-Flex SFF21F - 120mm fans & two LED lights then i see Thunderblade it was a excellent fan (less noise & more air flow) so i thought buying it because i have a very price sensitive budget for my computer & this fan can do work of both fan & LED so it will also save few bucks that can be very useful for me.

I bet the Scythe fan is a good one, but as you said, quite a bit more expensive as well. The Thermaltake fans aren't bad at all, but the specs on their webpage don't make any sense (21 dba, 78CFM...).

If you want the LEDs and don't mind the noise too much, go for it!

Guys what your views on Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm fan is it really that quiet that company says?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/2005/dcfans/...derblade120.htm

& which thing should i look in my motherboard to see that how many cabinet fans & lights it support. & is there any software by which i can control speed of the fan.

NO

THEY ARE LOUD

get thermaltakes 140mm fans instead i forgot what there called but you can hardly hear them