Ambient Temps Effect

bear with me, as i am newer to overclocking and this is the first complete computer i've put together in a long time.

In my sig you can see my computer.

I was wondering about my cpu temperatures, right now i have my e8400 OC'd to 3.75GHz and i'm pretty proud of it as it is my first overclock ever. my core temps as reported by realtemp v2.7 are 41-43C idle and around 55-57C load.

I am pretty familiar with airflow and what is better than what, and i would say my airflow is decent. the ambient temperature (ie. the temp of air going into my case is a constant 28C.) it is summertime and the temperature outside is often 105F.

basically i'm telling you this to find out if these temperatures are normal, what "normal" is, and what i can expect when i move to the coast in a few weeks where outside temperatures are going to be 60F, in terms of my cpu temps.

Thanks!

Those temperatures are a bit hot, but your ambient temperature is also high so it seems normal. What is your Vcore set at?

Edited by Zertz

vcore set at 1.3375v in bios, cpu-z reports it at 1.264v

yeah that sounds well within reason seeing your core voltage is raised a bit and your ambient temps are a little on the hot side. that temp isnt going to hurt anything just try to keep it under 60c though for longevity (65c in spurts isnt going to kill it).

alrighty, yeah longetivity is pretty much key with this computer. i put it together mostly for gaming, and i just need a stable OC to keep for a while. at the current time, it'll play any and all my games (crysis, COD4, GRID) at under 60C load so i'm happy. and i'm thinking i may just drop it back down to the 3.6GHz i had perfectly stable before for most of the time. thanks for the input guys!