Wireless Router

Buckstitch

My friend has a LINKSYS WAP54G Wireless router. It has been working fine for two years now but now her PC does not see the router and it is hard wired in. Her laptop works with the wireless connection. I replaced the cables did not work I plugged my laptop in and it works fine. When her PC is connected The light on the router and it is connected to the number one port if I switch it to the number two port the light comes on the number two light and so on. On the tool bar at the bottom right I have a yellow ! on the network connection. I ran the repair in network connection but it said it cant see the router but the light on. I all so put in a new network card I get the same problem. Could it be setting in window XP.

almost all the time, as long as the NICs don't have driver problems (Device Manager), you can run XP Network Setup Wizard and reboot the computer and everything will work... often you don't even need to reboot

First i would check with her regarding what did she install last or any previous configuration that might of cause this problem. Check for static IP, spyware, malware, viruses. I can't think of much right now dude sorry, but try these...

I am sure you unplugged the router to let it reset. Also you tried the hard reset (paper clip in hole) procedure.

So I won't even mention it. :lol:

No I have not tried the hard reset but I will thanks