Manual Overclocking Not Working

toast

hi every body try manual over clocking and it is not working

i changed my cpu voltage to 1.300 but its still showing at 1.4 in cpuz and everest please help

well i started over clocking it on ai overclocking but my temps was high and got told it would becooler if i did it manualy but when i put all the info in the bios und change the voltage it stays the same as when i do it by ai and when i look in the voltage moniator in the bios it stays the same

any ideas

seriously... I don't have a clue what you are trying to say....

:withstupid:

I have no clue what you're saying and I can almost guarantee you that no one does. That's probably why you're not getting any responses.

Here's some tips. SLOW DOWN. Type complete sentences. Use punctuation. It's really hard to read your posts the way they are.

Beyond the grammar, you need to be a LOT more specific on what you're doing. List the parts you have. Tell us step by step what you're doing. What settings are you changing? Take pictures of your BIOS screens and post them if you need to. Post screen shots of the software readouts you're getting too (CPU-Z).

Like exeter said, help us help you.

ok trying to manual overclock instead of ai overclock in the bios, so i changed the vcore voltage settings to 1.25 but when i reboot and go into cpuz and everest the voltage setting are not changing and in the bios and into the voltage monitor it still say 1.396 for vcore voltage but in the over voltage is say 1.250

THERMALTAKE KANDALF with optimised ventilation

Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad QX6800 2.93GHz Clock Speed x4! (Overclocked 10% @ 3.22)

1066MHz Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache 2x4MB Processor

Asus Triton 79

Quad fan control

Thermaltake ToughPower 1000W Modular Power Supply

8GB of OCZ 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz Gold Edition Dual Channel DDR2 RAM (Overclocked @ 887 MHz)

Dominator ram Memory Fan

Western Digital Cavier 1 x 500GB SATA II

Western Digital Raptor 2 x 150GB Running @ 10,000Rpm

Pioneer 18X DVD+-RW Dual layer Drive This will also play and record CD/CD-RW (all in the same drive)

Liteon LH-20A1S-15C 20X Internal SATA DVDRW Drive

Asus 2 X Ultimate Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Ultra 768MB GDDR3 DVI PCI-E (1536MB of Dedicated Graphics)

BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator, latest model

ASUS Striker SLI Extreme motherboard.

SupremeFX Audio Card

Asus 22" Monitor

Logitech diNovo Edge key board

Blackadder RAZOR Mouse

lets try this again shall we....

here is what I would do...I would clear the cmos...run it at default and check temps...see what all the voltages and setting are....

what is the default vcore of that CPU...? some are 1.25v and some are 1.35v

test for stability...then start bumping up the fsb to see how far you can get on the default voltage...only bump the vcore as it's needed...

try to keep the memory in sync and not over its rated speed (via cpu-z)

all your voltages should be fine (except vcore) to 400fsb...

run a 266 strap up to 400fsb...you may need a bump in northbridge voltage to boot at 400fsb with a 266 strap but it should go with no issue...check temps on the way...

you might also have to check the contact patch between the CPU and IHS...not enough contact ot too much TIM will cause higher than normal temps...

One thing you will always need to do when searching for help is list all related items and specs that concern your question....we dont know what you have as far as hardware or settings...we arent mind readers (though we try to be....) to give you the best possible help you have to give us all the pertinent info relevant to the question....

just asking whats wrong will almost always guarantee no help or the wrong answer...

you always on 1st boot or a cmos clear want to make sure the voltages are set accordingly...especially CPU and ram...ram will usually always default to 1.8v and sometimes that alone causes clocking issues right from the start...

If you cant get the hang of manual overclocking just use the AI as you have done...most people swear against it but....it's put there for ease of use...it usually always works without issue...you're just not going to get a max clock with it...just a safe one...:)

yes i am saving the setting but the problem is that when load my comp temps go to 80 C

but i have read that the comp would shut off if it 70 C i have even had it to 100c once

do u think this could be a sensor issue on the upper picture is the lowest temps i can get it when its loaded