New Cpu Heatsink!

TRUE for sure, no contest really. Get a good fan and you have one of the best air coolers available. Bit confused though, as your sig says you already have an NV120, which will give performance on a par with the TRUE?

This is a good thread to read http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...c=80908&hl=

I do have an Nv120 installed and it lowered stock temps by about 10C under idle and load. I was just thinking that I might be able to get even better drops with either of the other two mentioned above is all.

post-32921-1215968881_thumb.png

post-32921-1215968898_thumb.png

post-32921-1215968904_thumb.png

post-32921-1215968913_thumb.png

Not sure you will see much of a difference, maybe a degree or 2 at best, but the NV120 is a very capable HSF already, so to spend quite a bit more to maybe see a drop of a couple of degrees does not seem worth it?

You could see bigger drops if you used a TRUE with some high CFM fans, or have 2 fans on the TRUE. You need to weigh up cost really. But if it were me, I would stick with the NV120 for now - maybe others will have differing advice?

You could try lapping - lower cost than replacement, but would give you drops in temperature.

Appreciate all the advice Great_Gig and to be honest I would be more apt to lap the heatsink base if I knew what I was doing as I am very new to all this and learning on the fly. Kind of reluctant to lap the cpu. Mode of thinking is I might do some damage to it.

Check out Google with lapping a cpu and there are a lot of videos on YouTube as well. For sure the TRUE is a very good HS, but so is the NV120. You won't see the drops you had from a stock cooler, so you maybe disappointed when you change what you have. Of course we all like to meddle and spend money too.... ;) So do what your heart (and wallet) tells you - just don't expect a significant change in your temps?

But if you were going to change, then personally I would get the TRUE.