Asus Republic Of Gamers Boards

Hi Guys

Looking on advice on which ASUS R.O.G. Mobo I should get. I'm hoping to match it to a E8400 CPU, 2 x 2GB RAM and 1 x High end graphics card (with the view of upgrading to 2 in the near future).

ASUS R.O.G. Motherboards

I also know that ASUS do "Black Pearl Editions". Are they better or any good compared to the R.O.G.s?

Any advice would be much apprecaited.

Dontfollowme

Edited by Dontfollowme

Personally I am sort of fond of the ASUS crosshair edition but it is an AMD motherboard. If you want an Intel model you can't go wrong with either the ASUS Striker Extreme or the Maximus MoBo. The fastest memory is in the P5K3 Model and it is a little cheaper but the memory costs are higher as it is a DDR3 type of memory. Still the next problem is do you want an SLI version or a Crossfire version. If SLI get the Striker extreme. If Crossfire go to the maximus MoBo or the P5K3. I am partial to Crossfire (VisionTek 3870 x2) myself but that 9800 GX2 is an excellent card. For now if you want to ease into the cost I would suggest getting an 8800GT. They are coming down and you can get an ASUS model for about $170 or so. (That is what I have currently) If you don't mind the expense then scrap all of the above and go with the Intel MoBo SkullTrail version. Be prepared to spend around $7k to 10K for it though.

i would go for rampage formula. X48 chipset. brilliant board :)

striker extreme will be needed if you want to use SLI though