New build suggestions.. ?

alajarvi84

Hello again ;D Been a few years from my last post here.. I've been working hard and raising my kid.. Havent tuned up anything sense then, but tought that now could be a good time to start building a brand new setup. The thing is that i dont actually know where to start :eek2: Any suggestions for a DFI based mobo or something ? I tought that i buy a intel quadcore cpu (s774) and two 9800 series gpu:s.. Thanks in advance

Any suggestions for a DFI based mobo or something ?

I suggest you avoid DFI motherboards at all costs and get something mainstream that clocks better, has better support, and people will (ie us) will be familiar with and be able to help you overclock. Stick to something like Gigabyte, Asus, Abit, eVGA, etc.

I have a DFI motherboard for my build that was a few years back when amd was ahead its a socket 939 and this puppy works fine for me. I will say the "chipset" gets hot but it's nice for overclocking though this was also my first build so I haven't had any experience otherwise in other motherboards/overclocking. I think asus is fine too...also if you plan on going vista then I've heard that they don't always support over 3 gigs and I don't know if that has been fixed. And two 9800's means a lot of heat so you may want to think about cooling either aftermarket air cooled for both cards and a nice case with good flow or liquid cooling.