Reformat

Darkorb

Dark,

Did you reformat the drive and reinstall the OS at completely stock BIOS settings?

If so, then I would suspect a hdd that is fixing to die or something as simple as a bad sata/ide cable.

1. Clear CMOS and load optimized BIOS defaults.

2. For the OS install you want your cdrom as the first boot device and the hdd that will be home to the OS as your second boot device.

3. Run Memtest to make sure your memory is stable at stock settings.

if you pass Memtest move to step 3

4. Reformat your hard drive and install Windows.

5. If error still occurs replace sata/ide cable and try it all again.

6. If error is still occurring you probably ought to try the other hdd just to rule that out.

Killa,

You can do as you wish with your own system - but please don't make posts that off-handedly suggest that is ok to install any OS with the system in an overclocked state. That is just plain silly. Now we will have 100 clowns browse through here and say something like "well so and so said he never has any problems installing the OS with the system overclocked". I'm not trying to sound harsh, but Doc already put it plain and clear. NEVER ATTEMPT AN OS INSTALLTION WITH THE SYSTEM OVERCLOCKED.

Killa,

You can do as you wish with your own system - but please don't make posts that off-handedly suggest that is ok to install any OS with the system in an overclocked state. That is just plain silly. Now we will have 100 clowns browse through here and say something like "well so and so said he never has any problems installing the OS with the system overclocked". I'm not trying to sound harsh, but Doc already put it plain and clear. NEVER ATTEMPT AN OS INSTALLTION WITH THE SYSTEM OVERCLOCKED.

Fair enough, for the sake of everyone else. Don't Try This At Home!

Thank you Killa! :)

I appreciate the disclaimer. We just have to be careful what kind of information we put out there.

I've been through this a hundred times, especially with power supplies. "Why do I need a good quality power supply? So-and-So said that he is running his Intel C2D, 4gb of ram, 8800GTS SLi, 4 hard drives, RAID etc. with his 320W power supply with 16A on the 12V rail and it works just fine". Well they will run with that and it's like trying to pry peanuts out of a monkey's hands.

Now I'll confess, I've installed a few OS's in my time and was too lazy to mess with resetting the BIOS back to defaults or optimized defaults, but I NEVER ever ever suggest or even hint that it is the right thing for someone else to do.

I appreciate you Killa. Thanks.