Statistical data for a class assignment

radodrill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was some kind of standard for each designation it would be easier.

The idea is to see what tech level people will claim to be at without being subjected to certain ranking criteria and how that differs between a tech oriented forum and a more mainstream forum

A different approach (above and beyond what is necessary for the class assignment) would be to have a type of quiz and use the results to rank the person's tech level.

That quiz would be a good way to show a difference between ego and actual knowledge, and would be very interesting to boot, too bad my web server went down recently (Dual P2 400Mhz had to die right as I was building my first purely flash website.) otherwise I would've gladly hosted it for you under my domain.

Make up a survey and I'll host it...

I think he said it's due tomorrow, so unless we're just curious...

Anyhoo, now that it's too late I'll post mine!

24/Dude/Highish

I think he said it's due tomorrow, so unless we're just curious...

Anyhoo, now that it's too late I'll post mine!

24/Dude/Highish

Yeah the report is due tomorrow, but I haven't really started the report yet so you got your info in on time ;)

Doing a more involved multi-question survey would be interesting for crap-n-giggles (and possibly an article); maybe have the first question be what tech level they think they're at, then have questions about different aspects and use those results to calculate an overall tech rating and compare that with their proclaimed tech level as well as statistical data for their forum and how it compares to others.

I think my topic/report will be one of the more interesting ones as I heard that a lot of people did stuff like number of skittles per bag etc.