Angry's first time (iPod)

Angry_Games

Guest culinist

I use the same ones. Good sound and comfortable. I wear em sometimes 8 hrs. a day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, that is about the dumbest thing I think I could ever do to my music player is put someone else's firmware on it. After having read through the FAQ and documentation, I am not impressed at all, and would never consider such a thing (thanks though, I'm always open to check out stuff).

Winamp does everything I need it to do and doesn't violate the unit nor it's warranty (long past expired I'm sure), and doesn't require me to flash any firmware, and I KNOW Winamp works because I'm using it.

No dice on that. I'm not looking for software for my iPod, just user experiences with theirs and other portable music players.

I've yet to hear anyone talk about how their iPod sounds...

WTF?

that . saved my x5. went from a slow loading player with no gapless to a player that supported more formats, loaded songs quicker, less bloated interface, and gapless playback. and it added games. for free!

rockbox is amazing.

as for in ear phones, I recommend these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...002&Tpk=er%2b4s I just got a pair and they are amazing. I had been using shure e3cs for three years before. They had no treble. These are pretty honest. The flange tips fit me like crap but they come with these "disposable" foam pads that fit even better than the shure stuff. The foam isn't really disposable in the time frame they claim, I clean my tips with soap and water and occasionally with alcohol. They won't take shape anymore if you wash them, so you have to put the earphone in your ear much quicker, but I find this to be a plus. You can get tips fitted for your ear too. This is the only headphone I trust mixing on when I don't have a real speaker setup available and they've done me right. :] even compared to sennheiser hd280s or grados.

the cheaper phones don't even use real copper wire/insulation in the headphone wire so it's hell once the wire gets F'd up to solder a new 1/8" jack on. not that it's worth it for $7.99 phones, but I've spent so much on cheap buds I could have actually bought the er4s in high school and spent less.. :(

edit: it's 3 AM and I just now read the part about the $20 cap. damn. I wasted a lot of space typing that above. my bad :(

I had a Rio Karma...it was an awesome player but it got hosed. Wouldn't boot and wouldn't let me reflash the firmware...so i took the 20 gig IDE drive out...lol

You can put a flash drive in it now. I've been reading up on how. I avoided trying it because the adapter that fit right that was reasonably priced was always in some other country and out of stock and I wasn't about to beg a manufacturer to send me a $15 cable so I could put my MP3 player back together.

but it seems now there's some decent documentation and success stories of people reincarnating(nevermind the pun) their karmas. http://www.riovolution.org/thread/568,2;nocount#postlisttop

I'd try it but eh. the thing has absolutely no shock absorption, not even a pad for the internal drive. I loved how the player could load songs quicker than anything else, was gapless, loved the organization, loved the codec support, loved the feel. but for a thick player, to not include at least a pad or neoprene or something is retarded, and well represented in them being out of business. good riddance to crappy design! I went through over three of them.

oh tell me about it. I destroyed three of those xxxxers, the fourth one is sitting here but I'd rather just get a used x5 and put rockbox on it than do surgery on this overpacked piece of .. I'm sure stuff wouldn't fit right and that it'd be a miserable experience.