[Resolved] - Random Shutting Down.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just silly that the TX750 Corsair wasn't up to the task(especially since my Thermaltake 460w has served me well), I think its like everything though there are times when you get quirky stuff, while overall its great equipment. I'm glad you have it working!

I got the black one. Damn thing is huge, lol. I had to take out my bottom case fan so I could route wires through the case. Otherwise the PSU wouldn't even fit into the case.

Yeah, it was just happen-stance that the Corsair wasn't in stock when I went back to the store. The Silencer PSU was the only other PSU that matched the specs/price of the Corsair PSU (but happened to be about $30 more). I then noticed that Microcenter had the sale for 20% off all the PSU's they had in stock ( :eek2: ). I grabbed it and was almost an exact even exchange (I was actually refunded a little money as well, w00t).

Its just silly that the TX750 Corsair wasn't up to the task(especially since my Thermaltake 460w has served me well), I think its like everything though there are times when you get quirky stuff, while overall its great equipment. I'm glad you have it working!

Yeah, I'm sure it was just a defective PSU. I'm sure a properly working TX750 would be quite up to task for this build and many to come. :)

I have nothing against Corsair for this, and would still be happy to purchase their products in the future. Defective items happen from time to time.

Yep, my TX750 has been flawless since day one. But I really screwed up :(

When I was making my purchase it came down between the TX750 and the PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750.

I went with the Corsair because of the MIR - which was worth $45 at the time. Then I went and forgot to mail the damn thing in within 21 days of my purchase :(

$45 right down the drain. Man I was pissed!

Yep, my TX750 has been flawless since day one. But I really screwed up :(

When I was making my purchase it came down between the TX750 and the PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750.

I went with the Corsair because of the MIR - which was worth $45 at the time. Then I went and forgot to mail the damn thing in within 21 days of my purchase :(

$45 right down the drain. Man I was pissed!

Oh yeah, that's right I had that rebate as well. I forgot completely about it... If I had exchanged for another TX750, I would've been in the same boat as you Wev.

I'm pretty sure you can now, Wev. If I have any further issues, I can always just start another thread, especially since we'll be able to rule out the PSU from the list then.

Once again guys. I really appreciate your help through this. :)