[Resolved] ATI GFx

Hi,

i got a 2900xt , connected it installed drivers:

(option1)

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...p=xp/radeonx-xp

when i looked at the device manager it looked like this :S

http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26634317sn8.jpg

any ideas ? :S

edit: tried removing audio drivers , removed all nvidia drivers and reinstalled them. used driver cleaner

also 3dmark06 is crashing @ splash screen. tried reinstalling but still

thanks in advance

It looks like a secondary driver used for some kind of audio option on the card. If you want to use it you'll have to install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture if you haven't already. It might have installed with the drivers by default. If you want to see your video card driver then look under "Display adapters".

I would suggest uninstalling the drivers you won't use. When you installed the Catalyst package did you have any options as to what you wanted installed? Best to trim down the installation to what you only need.

Hello,

Try again, uninstall all the ATi drivers.

Make sure everything else is ok (like the nvidia drivers)

Then when you install the ati drivers, install all 3 components.

- Display driver

- Control center

- WDM driver

Then see what happens after the restart.

I would clean the drivers using the following procedure:

*Run all of the ATI uninstall utilities from the control panel. If it asks you to reboot, do not until you have finished removing all ATI components from the control panel.

*Reboot the computer into safe mode (pressing F8 during boot up)

*While in safe mode, run driver cleaner for all of the ATI drivers / catalyst / WDM

*Reboot the computer normally

*Install the catalyst control center with all drivers.

Hope this helps.

Interesting. I havent owned anything higher than a radeon X850XT before so that on gfx audio channel is new to me. Have you tried putting your driver disk that came with the card in and telling it to look at the CD for drivers? IE:

First, install the drivers for Audio device on HD audio bus so it gets cleared out of the other devices category. It should be part of the sound card I think.

Next Insert the CD that came with the card but do not autorun (cancel/exit setup)

Go to the device manager and right click the ATI T200 unified device.

Go to properties.

Go to update driver

Select a location manually

Point to the CD and let it search the CD for a driver. If it doesnt find anything manually go through the folders on the CD until you find a folder that allows you press the OK radio button for that folder. Repeat until you have searched the whole CD for the driver.

If that doesnt help, you should contact ATI tech support. Good luck and hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...

it has been my experience that the ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver is part of the WDM driver package. whenever i install a modified driver without the WDM, the ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver shows up as needing some TLC....used to bug the daylights out of me.

it also shows up when you reflash the x800GTO2 series cards to and X850XT......

it will not affect normal operation, gaming..............

laterzzzz.....