spyware

neilcha

can someone give me a link to a good anti spyware programe ? ive been getting spyware pop ups from MS saying windows will be shut down soon to limit coruption , i need a good free antispyware programe that will find the spyware AND GET RID OF IT, all the ones like adaware just detect it not get rid of it .

I think the one you have is more than spyware...if I remember, it requires the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Lavasoft's AdAware is one of the best, as is Webroot Spysweeper I think.

I never use any of them because I only use Firefox with an add-on called "NoScript" (coupled with Kaspersky Anti-Virus...I've never had this issue!)

I think the one you have is more than spyware...if I remember, it requires the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Lavasoft's AdAware is one of the best, as is Webroot Spysweeper I think.

I never use any of them because I only use Firefox with an add-on called "NoScript" (coupled with Kaspersky Anti-Virus...I've never had this issue!)

So Angry, I just downloaded noscript, and I guess I dont know what sites to allow. Say I were to allow diy-street, would that let any threats in? i am guessing no, but I don't know how to tell. Is there a way to tell if a site is safe to allow?

Just allow or temporarily allow the site that you visited, the rest are just ads or tracking sites. If you allow a site temporarily then then when you close the browser its blocked again. You can pretty much allow any mainstream site, but there will be other sites attached to that site that you don't need to allow for that site to function properly. Diy street is the only site that comes up on NoScripts list so thats ok to let through. If you went to a site like download.com then you would have the option for three sites but you only want to allow the site you are visiting not all the crap thats attached to it. So there you would just allow download.com or temp allow it if you rarely go to it.

For things like youtube you would not be able to watch the videos because they are directing you unknowingly to another site where the video is so NoScript would inform you that that link is not located on the site you visited and it will need your permission to go there.

its like a mini firewall for your browser, so that you are aware that what you are clicking isn't necessarily anything to do with the site you want.