How to make Crysis mini image

Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

Guest SuppA-SnipA

How to make a mini image of Crysis

Protection used – Securom 7.34.0014

Version of game I have – 1.1

See sig for rig specs

Tools needed – Alcohol 120%, Y.A.S.U., Daemon Tools Lite (the free ed.), Crysis !A LEGIT COPY, all you downloaders, go away!

Alcohol 120% - version 1.9.7.6022 (stick to the latest)

THIS IS FOR BACKUP PURPOSES ONLY! I’VE INCLUDED A PIC OF MY DISC TO SHOW THAT I’M LEGIT.

hpim0773pl4.th.jpg

FOLLOW EVERYTHING STEP BY STEP, AND YOU'LL BE OK :)

NOW WE WILL MAKE A FULL DVD9 (game is really 5.46GBs) BACKUP OF THE GAME, WHY? WE NEED THE MDS FILE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE ON YOUR HDD’S!!!

1. Insert dvd into your drive and cancel autorun

2. Launch Alcohol120%

3. Start image making wizard

a. Use Securom Profile

b. Check Data Position Measurement, leave Precision at High

DPM.jpg

c. Choose where to save the image (mdf and mds)

d. A dialog will come up at what speed to read for DPM, I used 24X, but this could vary for you, depending on your drive quality. It is a long process on some drives just to get the DPM.

e. Go to the location where your image is saved, look at your mds file, should be around 50kb. Mine was 51.9kb

4. Test the game if you can launch it without your disc in the drive, but with the image instead.

a. Download Y.A.S.U.

b. Copy the .exe to the Daemon Tools Dir,

c. Load the yasu.exe, click Cloak, DONT QUIT THE APP

d. Load Daemon Tools, mount Crysis image (mds)

e. Try to load the game, if it works, perfect, we can proceed to making the mini image.

NOW WE MAKE THE MINI IMAGE / SHORT DUMP (because we wont run Alcohol long)

5. Reload Alcohol 120%

a. Start image making wizard

b. Click Skip Read Errors and Advance sector scanning, DO NOT HAVE DATA POSITION MEAUSREMENT CHECKED, it’s not needed and will only consume time.

RIPPING_MDF.jpg

c. Click next, save the image somewhere other than the last time

d. Run Alcohol for a VERY short time, until the percentage says around 0.1 or 0.2, by now your image is already around 10mbs or so, then cancel it fast, before it saves more data (not a problem, but the point is to keep the image small)

PROGRESS.jpg

when it asks to cancel, click yes

cancelyeshb8.jpg

when it asks to delete files, click no

deletenozi8.jpg

e. Go to the dir where you saved the images from this process, notice the mds file is around 8kb, it’s not good!

f. Overwrite the .mds from the full dvd9 dump with this one

6. Now you should have 2 files, and mdf and an mds, mds ranging around 50kb or a bit higher, and mdf, around 10mb? Depending how long you ran Alcohol 120 in the short dump process.

7. PLAY CRYSIS WITHOUT A DISC, KILL THOSE ALIENS, SAVE MAN KIND:p

PROPER AND IMPROPER IMAGES

MDS-MDF_COMPARISON.th.jpg

SIDE NOTES – YOU MUST HAVE YASU RUNNING TO PLAY THE GAME, THIS WORKS WITH DAEMON TOOLS 4.11.2, I USED THE RIG IN MY SIG TO TEST THIS, AND MY CRYSIS WAS PATCHED TO V 1.1

Tested with DVD BURNER – SAMSUNG SH 182M WITH RPC1 FIRMWARE, and ASUS DRW-1608P2 STOCK FW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest SuppA-SnipA

well if its securom 7 based, i guess u can try it, this tutorial was only for crysis, so take that into consideration if it doesnt work :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that when I try to make mini images or my other games, that "Profile Selection" drop down menu doesn't always display the same information. Sometimes there is ~20 options, other times I've seen 4-5. Is that dependent on the disk, the drive, or Alcohol version?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i think that is dependent whether it is a cd or dvd, let me check after im done burning :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

alright i just checked, my STALKER DVD showed a few protections, all the recent ones pretty much, my Tomb Raider 3 CD showed a . load, mostly because cds were around longer and had more different protections, like the PS2 cd profile ..that was cd based :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

patch 1.2 for crysis broke this method of running the game from a mini image

the SecuROM was updated from 7.34 to 7.36 :( and thus now blacklists any image mounting program, the game can not be launched even with YASU on, which is supposed to prevent blacklisting, hopefully with an updated version of Daemon Tools and YASU we can run the game again from our mini's