Any Sword Collectors out there?

ShadeZeRO

Hey everyone, hope everyone is enjoying this umm "Seasonally excited" time of the year :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am going to buy my first sword (or two) as a little present for myself. I don't want to spend a fortune on something thats going to be sitting on a wall.

I picked it because it's made out of high carbon steel unlike the other ones, and it has a black blade (which I find has a "unique" type of feel)

As for the 2nd sword, I haven't really picked out one yet. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything, just a good bang for the buck.

Thanks!

I like your first choice, looks pretty cool.

I dont collect swords, but maybe you could try for something medieval, could probably get some good ones at an RPG convention :)

Thats just my opinion, good look finding a 2nd sword!

Haven't started yet, but have been eying different Katanas over the years. Saw one this summer a Renaissance fair that really caught me. Talked a friend for a bit the other night who lived in Japan for a year and had the opportunity to learn Iaido, and he suggested just getting a real cheap one at first to learn with, be easier on the wallet (heh, and much less likely to lose a finger).

Angel Sword was the company I saw at the fair, and they had some really nice blades, and a whole bunch of different types. They said they were the ones that were used on a few episodes of Mythbusters.

If you go for a medieval style one, get one made in Toledo, Spain. BEST sword makers in the world (for medieval swords anyways).

I picked one up at a castle in Germany. Its a 1500's short sword repro and cost me about 234 Euros at the time.