I did not get an Antec 900 to drown my sorrows...

I already have a Stacker STC-T01 to drown in, and now it is watercooled.

So the starting point was the rig in my sig, but it has been a year, that system was having problems keeping up, so a few upgrades were required.

New parts -

OCZ Dual Channel EL Platinum XTC 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) PN:OCZ2P8002GK

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor HH80557PJ0804MGS - 3.0GHz, 4MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Conroe, Dual-Core, OEM, Socket 775

OCZ / GameXStream / 700-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA Ready / SLI Ready / EPS / Active PFC / Power Supply

EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI (TR Version) Motherboard - NVIDIA, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, SLI Ready, PCI Express, Dual Gigabit LAN

and an eVGA 8800GT Superclocked

The E6850 is pretty damn nifty and I am very happy with it's performance already. I set it up with aircooling (Zalman CNPS8000) until all of my watercooling parts had arrived. Here is a pick with the system up and running after I drilled all of the holes for the cable management in the mobo tray.

thumb_case7.jpg

thumb_case5.jpg

On Friday, I was finally able to install the waterblocks and start workign on laying out my loop. Sitting here today, i will tell you, I would definetly make a change. not in order, but where i am running the SB to rad and from rad to the t-line and pump.

Loop order - PUMP > CPU > GPU > NB > SB > Rad > pump

thumb_01dec07-001.jpg

W/C equipment is -

Danger Den DD12V-5 Fixed Pump

DD MC-TDX 775 CPU wb

MAZE4 - GPU

DD MPC-680i NB wb

Swiftech MCW30 SB wb

Black Ice Pro III radiator

8x Coolermaster fans 44cfm/19db - 6 on rad, 2 in case (only one is in now, have to make a mount for the last one)

Of course, Tygon 1/2 inch tubing. Oh, and DD included a 32oz bottle of PC Chill coolant.

Close up of the MC-TDX and MPC-680i

thumb_01dec07-005.jpg

Now the front showing where the pump will stay...although i havent quite worked out it's permanent mounting yet.

thumb_01dec07-006.jpg

Oh yeah, I am using a Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus fan controller.

More pics later this week when the roomie gets back from Montana. I should have the Bulgin switches all sorted by then as well as possibly the new mesh front covers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you using to hold the ram sinks on? Have you tried thermal adhesive?

I have some AS thermal adhesive, but was concerned abotu how permament it is. When the full 8800 GT blocks come out, I would like to switch to it, so these ramsinks could not be on forever. I had heard that mixing AS adhesive with AS5 1 to 1 makes it sticky, yet less permament. Rado confirmed that in chat and I am giving it a try with mixed success so far.

spread the TIM onto the RAM chips then firmly press on the RAMsink; do one chip at a time.

Part of the problem is that the vregs have so very little contact area to adhere to. and it is in a area very close to the line for the Swiftech.

As they come off, I do them better each time. ;)

thumb_Picture_013.jpg

A better pic of the loop up and running with the vid card in. You can also see the Bulgin Vandal-style switches I am using. One problem with them is every switch has a different feel, even the two I bought from the same company at the same time.

There is one that needs to be RMA'd, the LED is kaput.

Oh, two of the switches are temporarily mounted on the front of the case while I work on the new front panels. I will have to wait for more pics until the roomie and her camera return.