Leaving Las Vegas

rainwood

Not exactly Vegas. I’m leaving the U.S. in this December due to my working VISA expiration.

Since I will completely leave the U.S., I might have to change my e-mail account, which I think that I used for my membership registration. I looked at the “User CP”, but I wasn’t able to find the option to change my e-mail account. Or I could be wrong – the e-mail account change might not be necessary.

Please advise me if there is anything I have to do in order to use my member account of this forum.

Some background about me…

I came to the U.S. when I enrolled to the Bemidji State (I transferred to Mankato later) in 1995. I’ve served Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN for almost seven years, including my internship period (I’m not a Doc. I’m a Java developer) since I graduated from Mankato State.

I come from Japan, BTW.

I saw one forum member posted a help to purchase some stuff from Japan, but I was not able to provide help since I was here in the U.S…. But since I’ll stay in Japan (I think, at least for a year), please feel free to let me know if I could help you pertaining to Japanese stuff (not 'any' Japanese stuff, of course).

I think that I won’t be able to be on-line from the mid November to mid December… I wish I can set up my internet environment at home soon (I hope Angry_Games does not block my access from home)…

why would I block you???

that's crazy japanese talk and we'll have none of that lol.

I can change your email address for your account if you want me to. If you get forum thread updates and private messages alerts via email you'll definitely want to change it (just wait until you get your US one turned off and switch it to gmail or something until you get a more permanent one).

Btw, you leaving because you have to or because your visa is up and you feel it's just time to go home...?

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned my office in the morning, spent lunch with all members of the team (at a bit expensive restaurant), and said good-bye to the team and colleagues on the same floor, turned in the access card, keys,..etc, and I left after lunch. On my way home, I saw snow floating in the air, was this the first snow day here in Rochester? When I came to my home, I found “Crysis”, “Black Site: Area 51”, and “Solder of Fourtune: Pay Back” delivered. BTW, today was my last day at work.

Thanks, Angry_Games.

I hope I can keep my current e-mail address, but in case I have to change it I will ask you a help.

ps samurai swords are what I want lol
It is very hard to own the “real” katana – a Japanese sword with a working edge, which is sharp and strong enough to hurt and kill people – unless it is registered as “art” - you are an art “katana” collector or you declare “katana” as art.

rainwood,
we look forward to having you back here just as soon as you get settled back in on that side of the Pacific.

cheers

Thanks. I hope I can get back on-line soon…

My brother graduated from Mankato State. awesome parties!
Alumni! Congratulations on your brother’s graduation!!! (White Castle?)

i dont care if the sword has an edge and can kill people, I just want a sword + stand or whatever because they are beautiful pieces of art. I've got a 9mm pistol that sorta outperforms a sword at killing people and if ninjas bust through my windows to assassinate me, I doubt having a real and sharp katana would save me (and if they were real ninjas, a 9mm pistol would be useless as well lol)

Btw, you leaving because you have to or because your visa is up and you feel it's just time to go home...?

Since my last day at work passed, I think that I can answer. The employer tried to keep me by sponsoring visa. The deal was odd; since my employer does not support the green card (not even for the doctors / scientists unless they are PhD.), my manager made a deal with the IT consulting company: I resign and become an employee of the consulting company, though I still work for the same employee. Then, the company helps me get the greencard. However, it did not work out because of running out of the number of working visa in this year and the type of visa that my employer sponsored. My visa sponsored is the “educational” one. This type of visa can’t be transferred to the private profit-making company like IT consulting. As I mentioned, no working visa available for this year, the IT consulting company could not get me a new visa for me. This is how this deal was over.

i dont care if the sword has an edge and can kill people, I just want a sword + stand or whatever because they are beautiful pieces of art. I've got a 9mm pistol that sorta outperforms a sword at killing people and if ninjas bust through my windows to assassinate me, I doubt having a real and sharp katana would save me (and if they were real ninjas, a 9mm pistol would be useless as well lol)
lol. I thought that you wanted a weapon! You might find the better dealers in the U.S. for the art…

ya but I want an AUTHENTIC katana made by real Japanese sword master lol, not some cheap knock-off you can buy on the Knife Show at 11pm on channel 241 on satellite ;)

well, if your visa could be transferred etc, would you want to stay in USA? Or you feeling kinda homesick?

...finally got the air plane ticket, and I'm leaving on the last day of this November!

I will watch movie (I hope I can find the title in Japan...).

Angry_Games, I’d recommend buying the stuff here in the U.S. It’d be easier for you. Check this site out (You might have heard of "Kikuo Matsuda”).