Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)

Hotshot

Anyone know if a bad HDD can cause the BSOD?

My memory is fine (8 passes on stock), and one of my HDD's had a error like "ata seq error 2" in seatools (or something like that, not at my PC right now)...

It is just me, or is that odd? Usually a bad HDD will either not show up and I simple lag a lot... or give errors in windows...

I already ordered a new HDD and will RMA my broken one when my 500GB gets here... just wanted your thoughts.

A bad HDD can most definitely cause a BSOD, in fact, damn near anything can. In the case of your HDD there are probably some bad sectors where the OS data is being held...I've had that happen once...ended up not RMAing it...An angle grinder and a vice proved to be more fun...

well the HDD is not my OS HDD.... Although it is the OS that I use for uTorrent (so there is always activity)...

Very important OS, I am a complete idiot for not ordering a new HDD the moment I read that error... good thing I keep vital backups.... I am also hoping I will be able to transfer the files... right now it often wont show up, and when it does, it often kicks out fast...

On a unrelated note, to bad my mobo doesn't have esata...