The "where has UncleDavid218 been?" thread!

UncleDavid218

Well, it's been a while; I've been quite busy. This summer I worked (once again) as an Intern in Information Technology at a large regional medical center primarily doing research and development (writing Perl scripts, researching hardware, etc.) and have also gotten into cars. Subsequently, I've sold my computers (with the exception of my laptop) to pay for this expensive hobby (drifting my car means getting new tires bi-weekly). I've recently begun my senior year in high school and have been busy with Varsity Soccer, Student Council, and preparing for college. I am going into Pre-Med to hopefully one day be a cardiologist or something in a similar field. So while I do poke my head in from time to time to see how old friends are (I still consider this place my forum) I can't say with any degree of certainty that I'll ever "be back". But I do miss you guys! :tooth:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

He really IS alive!

From one extreme to the other - but good for you! Glad to hear you're working and learning.

Keep the shiny side up, and stop in once in a while.....

Guest drteming

Premed...good for you! As far as what you want to get into, it depends on how you think. If you are a horizontal thinker (mental masturbation), a medical subspecialty is good for you. If you are a vertical thinker (just do it) and are good with your hands, then go into a surgical subspecialty.

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Welcome back, thought you were grounded or something. Congrats, sounds like you're making great strides.

You ain't looking like this yet are you?

[img.]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8210/charlesmanson18144642pq9.jpg[/img]

Nope, I still look 12 ;)

l_93388dcbd5ac40bf7f5cd99776b0d347.jpg

Anyway, I've also got a girlfriend and that consumes a huge part of my time (and money) but it's been fun at least (in more ways than one :angel:)