Project: RAD GT -- Custom Acrylic Case Worklog

Guest SuppA-SnipA

good going man, keep it up, haven't been around here for a bit but i still remember this thread :)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see this monster rig finally up and running!

Great job, Rado, I bet you're proud!

Thanks a lot :D it really is a beast :nod:

just working at finishing the base board before I put up the final gallery ;)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

final pics coming? damn, already over? plan to make another one, maybe out of wood this time? lol

final pics coming? damn, already over? plan to make another one, maybe out of wood this time? lol

It'll be a little while before I get the final pics; since I'll be putting on quite a few coats of clear lacquer over the black lacquer and then polishing it up to a high-gloss shine.

At the moment I'm very busy with my graduate schooling, so it's gonna be some time before I'd have the time to do another mod on the scale of this one. I have had ideas for possible future projects such as a cube case with 2-way mirror panels for the exterior.

But my dream project would be to build a case that's a scale model of a sports car (maybe the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT). this would require composites work for the body (I personally would want to make the whole thing out of composites) with the connectors coming out the rear and maybe have the CD-tray be hidden behind the front grill. What might be an issue for such a project would be the cost of composite supplies and the fact that the mold for the body would have to be CNC milled.

Porsche - yeah! Good choice!

That would be very interesting......

(I used to have a highly modded 914 back in the day - lil' bugger cornered like it was on rails!)

Porsche - yeah! Good choice!

That would be very interesting......

(I used to have a highly modded 914 back in the day - lil' bugger cornered like it was on rails!)

hehe I Love Porsche :D:D:D

I really want to own one some day; but I'm sure you all know what it's like being 23 and still in grad school. ATM I don't even own a car, I just ride my bike (1 man-power that is) and if I need a car I can always borrow my dad's.

The 2005 Carrera GT (that was in my sig and is in my avatar in a shermanized form) is one sweet car. For a first car I'd settle for an AUDI TT though. Only requirement I have on car selection is that it has to be a manual shift (maybe paddle shift); no way would I want to own an automatic.

Heh! I drove a 911 Targa automatic once, and I wasn't impressed! (But that was an 80's model - I'm sure they're much improved now!)

Sure you wouldn't like a Cayman? I know I would!

Sure you wouldn't like a Cayman? I know I would!

The Cayman sure is a nicer car than the TT and certainly worth the 10-20K higher price tag (depending on weather or not it's the Cayamn S)

I merely said I'd settle for a TT but I'd certainly prefer a Porsche

And the European delivery would be nice when taking a vacation over there.

Edit: and you gotta love the RWD compared to the Quatro in the TT

• 2 weeks later...