DFI Ultra-D

i know this is a stupid question..but i searched (maybe used the wrong words :D) and didnt find anything..

If i put a GPU in the second PCIe slot on the Ultra-D (want a better NB cooler..gpu is too long) would it run in x16? if not, can anyone reccommend a good NB cooler that will fit with a 2900xt in the first slot`?

I used the HR-05 sli with a 70 mm fan and dropped down to 35C from 50C, simply amazing difference. I tried to mount it so the cooler was above the video card (top 16x slot)but it wouldnt fit with my zalman cpu cooler, so I mounted it below the vid card (still in top 16x slot). I had to bend the cooler back slightly where it bends but now it doesnt contact the video card at all and runs fine. I tried moving the vid card down to the bottom 16x slot but Nvidia control panel showed it at 2x speed so I moved it back up.

"I tried moving the vid card down to the bottom 16x slot but Nvidia control panel showed it at 2x speed so I moved it back up."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

sorry, read this, based my reply on that. no the second slot does not run @16x, 8x max, 2x if the jumper is not moved, but it doesn't make a difference, i doubt seriously if running @8x the bus can get saturated with the monster vid cards currently available.

my apologies..

laterz