RAM overclocking on AM2?

Hey folks,

I'm overclocking my 4600 X2 and right now I'm just raising the HTT and dropping the multiplier but I want to start overclocking my RAM. I'm a newb to OCing RAM and I don't really know where to start on this one. Currently my CPU is only running at 2.56Ghz with an 11x multi and 233 HTT. My board is a DFI Lanparty UT nf590 with 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 RAM.

I understand the principal behind OCing RAM and the idea of running it at a divider but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that? Also, Could anyone enlighten me on the 1T/2T settings, RAM Drive Strength and all those settings? Sorry, I've been searching all over for the last few months and I can't seem to find a very good starting point.

Many thanks!

Hrmm, well, after playing around with the BIOS I figured out how to change the RAM frequency and such, now I'm not sure how I should go about overclocking.

Right now my RAM is running at 4-4-4-12. Should I increase the speed from 200MHz to 266MHz and then bring up my HTT to 266MHz or what should I do? Also, I've read some places that I should run the HT multiplier at 3x, would this help?

Thanks again folks!

yeh basically read the oc'ing guide till you can remeber it word for word... or maybe something close.

Theres also a guide on memory timings and how to oc the ram in much detail.

(1t and 2t are both explained)

Take your time... theres alot to learn and take in. I think i read the guide for about 2 weeks before i went into the bios!

heres the link..... http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823