Hitachi 1 TB now for sale (Finally)

Guest Booger_merged

Guest Booger

Just spotted it at newegg for a couple hundred more that msrp :mad: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822145143

I've been waiting for this one for a long time so am biting the credit card bullet. I actually need it to transfer all my "stuff" half way 'round the world to a new computer so.........

Anyone else with thoughts on it?

You probably should check around. That's about $225.00 to much. And it's actually been available elsewhere for a few weeks now.

Guest thespin

I suppose if you need to put everything on one drive for some reason. TigerDirect recently had 500MB 7K Seagate HDs recently for $129; that's $258 for 1TB ...

Guest Booger

Lots of places have been showing them for sale but how many have been shipping them the past few weeks? PC connection showed in stock when i ordered but immediately posted as back ordered on my status. Their customer service said they won't have any till 1st week of june. I had that same thing occur elsewhere with this drive. Getting peeps to order them before the hardware is shippable. Not a prob if that is stated up front but it wasn't. Hmmmmm. So is Newegg doing the same thing? Guess we'll see in a couple days.

I suppose if you need to put everything on one drive for some reason. TigerDirect recently had 500MB 7K Seagate HDs recently for $129; that's $258 for 1TB ...

It's easier to deal with less drives, especially for RAID arrays. If you have 3 tB of stuff, easier 3 of these than 6 of those.

Guest Booger

Well, I canceled the newegg order as well. The more I thought about 600 bones for a 400.00 msrp drive the more i felt i could "live" with 1 or 2 750G barracuda's. 50% more storage for less money. Really wanted 1 huge drive though. Ah well, hopefully seagate will drop their's into the market soon and force some prices to come down. Dang new toys!

Loosing 1Tb of data with a single possible hdd failure scares the crap out of me. A nice little stack of 320-500Gb drives is something I'm a lot more comfortable with. Mobo's tend to have a lot of SATA ports these days anyway.

If you've got multiple Tb's of data to store in a single PC, then I guess they are a good option, but as a single drive... not the best idea IMO.