Swapping CPU's

I would be setting the memory timings (especially secondary) since the memory controller is different. My expert, with certain bios versions, won't even boot both sticks without using one to get in and set the timings first.

When you change your socket 939 AMD processor in your motherboard to a different socket 939 AMD processor, you also change your memory(RAM) controller. This memory(RAM) controller is built in to your processor.

If you are stable with an opteron processor, you may not be with an X2 or 3000+ or any other processor you are using, in this case a 4000+.

Your memory(RAM) will be affected in turn because of the new memory(RAM) controller.

Now regardless of whether you are at stock speed or overclocked, your RAM will have to be tinkered with to run stable with this new memory(RAM) controller. Take a look at your secondary timings, look at some database entries with similar hardware for some ideas.

I finally have it working and OCed to 2.882 on stock voltage. I had to loosen the timings but it is working fine now. It just seems to be stuck there! I have tried upping the Vcore and upping the mem voltage but it won't go any higher. It passes OCCT, Memtest and 10 hours of Prime but as soon as I run 3DMark05 if freezes half way through.