ORTHOS Failing

Odio

Test 10, 120000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M720897 using 40K FFT length.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4995117188, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Torture Test ran 4 hours, 52 minutes 50 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.

Execution halted.

Would this be a ram issue? I'm 98% sure its not my cpu over-heating, as it never gets over 60c. I've got the voltage compensated for the vdroop. I have the ram running default 5-5-5-15 @ 2.24 volts. I'll post the rest of my voltages/settings in a little bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would this be a ram issue? I'm 98% sure its not my cpu over-heating, as it never gets over 60c. I've got the voltage compensated for the vdroop. I have the ram running default 5-5-5-15 @ 2.24 volts. I'll post the rest of my voltages/settings in a little bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PWMIC Temps can do this try blowing some air on them & see if that helps.

Regards

Craig.

I got similar errors before I changed my Hiper PSU to a Corsair.

I also had all kinds of random instabilites, sudden power cuts and boot issues.

From the manual of my Expert board (page 69): "To ensure adequate power is provided, we strongly recommend that you use a minimum of 400 Watt (or greater) power supply"

When I looked in the Hiper manual I found following on page 3: "2.3.2 Total power of +12V1 and +12V shall be less than 360 W"

This made me go 'hmmm...', 'aha...' and run off to my store and get my Corsair PSU instead. It can deliver 450 W over the 12v rails.

Im not sure of how they actually count back and forth, but its been rock steady and errorless since then, and that's what count in my book.

Maybe this is a clue for you to follow up?

Damn it, I knew i should have gotten the 620w instead. Its only powering the board, 2 hard drives, and the 8800GTX. I'm using an old 250w AT psu to power the Liquid Cooling, and the fan controller.

Its 24/7 100% stable at lower voltages for Gaming, Video encoding, Photoshop, F@H, ect. Its just not Orthos stable. Guess I'll be waiting until I get my 45nm stuff for an OCDB entry.