8800GTX Length

A6437

I've been out of the gaming scene for a while but now im back at it and i'm looking at the 8800GTX. It look pretty big and i was wondering if anyone has the exact length of the card to measure and see if it will fit in my DFI-Ultra D motherboard and XG dragon case. Also do you guys think my OCZ 520 will be able to handle 1 of these? DO you think the performance gain will be huge from my 2 modded 7800gts? Thank you guys in advance.

The 8800 is a big monster. :eek:

It did fit on my Ultra-D.

I had it in the 1st (upper) PCI-E slot.

It occupies 2 slots

It covers almost the whole chipset fan, so that is running much warmer now. :mad:

And i had to change one HDD to a different place, the PCI power connector touched the back of the HDD

It will not fit in the 2nd (lower) PCI-E slot becaue there are USB connectors.

I had the card in a small aerocool case, to test my new X2 4200+ and crucial ballistix memory, so there was no room left between the mobo and the HDD's.

In my thermaltake armor case there should be enough room.

When put in the 1st PCI-E slot on the expert is also covers half the chipset fan.

I had an Expert board, Opty 170 @ 3.0Ghz, and two 7800GT's in SLI that maxed-out at just under 8,800 3dMark06. I am now running an E6700 @3.6Ghz and a single 8800GTX and max at 12,500.

If you replace your two 7800GT's with a single 8800GTX, you will probably hit around 10,000 3DMarks - slightly CPU limited. With two 8800GTX's - you would be severely CPU limited and maybe hit 12,000.

Whats the difference in Performance in comparison to your old card setup?

The old card a 7900GT KO got me with X2 3800 @ 2808MHz about 5000 points

With 3DMark06 i got about 8500 points @ 3GHz with the X2 4200

'The CPU score was only a few hundred points higher.

The SM2 and SM3 score where much higher

The new rig is not tested stable yet.

The reason im gonna toss these GTs is because of the INgame studdering with the hardcor graphic games. I have never really been able to set my games to the complete MAX without some sort of studdering or what seems to be a weird kind of lag. I get high FPS but it studders quite a bit with the graphics all max and i think it has to do with the memory on the card maybe not enough to handle those games properly and smoothly. I hope that studdering/lahg goes away. My set up is 16 hrs prime stable so i doubt its my system. So n ow that i got the cash ill be ordering that card very soon to feel a much smoother overall ride. BTW how is the IQ compared to my 7800gts?