DDR1 RAM Recommendations, DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Expert

Which RAM (brand, model) would you guys reckon I get for my main board?

I'd like to upgrade to 2GB of RAM to run VISTA smoothly. Or perhaps more depending on what makes VISTA smooth.

If you can find some, any of the dual channel kits from OCZ and the Crucial Ballistix are good choices.

anything that dosen't have the word value or budget should do the trick but i'd want to check out the overclocking data base and see whats there

Thanx for the feedback guys. I've had my eye on these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo..._platinum_rev_2

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo..._revision_2_xtc

Which 1's the better one? And what's the difference between the 1st one and the 2nd? Rev2??

Correct me if I'm wrong, the 3rd one's similar to the 2nd one but with better heatsinks?

Thanx in advance.

If you can find Crucial Ballistix anywhere, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat (like Kingfisher said).

My old 5B-D set ran up to 290MHz stable (didn't try for more) and right now my 5B-F kit gets me 280MHz max. Excellent, excellent sticks. Plus, their RMA service is very kickass.

If you can find Crucial Ballistix anywhere, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat (like Kingfisher said).

My old 5B-D set ran up to 290MHz stable (didn't try for more) and right now my 5B-F kit gets me 280MHz max. Excellent, excellent sticks. Plus, their RMA service is very kickass.

OH yeah! MY PC4000 quit after 3 months and it took them a week to answer my emails! You can find ton of statements like this on the net! I don't mean to make the company bad or anything. The ram was kick butt still booting at 305Mhz but the service was a little out of line! :( I would go with OCZ which have proven to be a master in customer service relations (in case you needed)!

OH yeah! MY PC4000 quit after 3 months and it took them a week to answer my emails! You can find ton of statements like this on the net! I don't mean to make the company bad or anything. The ram was kick butt still booting at 305Mhz but the service was a little out of line! :( I would go with OCZ which have proven to be a master in customer service relations (in case you needed)!

Hmm. I talked to them through their online service, and after giving them the necessary information (kit model #, contact details) they had me an RMA in less than 5 minutes. I thought it was excellent. It's different for everyone, I guess.

But yeah, OCZ is highly regarded here. We even have two reps, Andy and Ryder.

I second the above post, in spite of the fact that I still have 4gb of the Z503 Ballistix. The only reason they are still running great is that I run them conservatively, close to stock. I'd go with OCZ.

Agreed! As soon as you put some speed on the PC4000 because it let you you kill them! Well I knew it was coming in my case! :beer

Arcan8888,

any of those OCZ kits will work for you.

I would say the rev 2's will clock higher because they are 512x2 kit.

1024x2 will give you more flexability and multi-tasking.

PC3200 is decent but if you are looking for some faster RAM you may want to check out some pc4000.

pc3200 stock speeds are 200mhz, pc4000 will get you 250mhz stock.

Arcan8888,

any of those OCZ kits will work for you.

I would say the rev 2's will clock higher because they are 512x2 kit.

1024x2 will give you more flexability and multi-tasking.

PC3200 is decent but if you are looking for some faster RAM you may want to check out some pc4000.

pc3200 stock speeds are 200mhz, pc4000 will get you 250mhz stock.

Hey,

Thanx man. I'll take a look at those OCZ kits. Hopefully I can find a 2GB kit which'll suit my needs.

How's OCZ's after sales support in Malaysia? I've not really seen a lot PC hardware shops carrying this brand of RAM.

If I were to get them, it'd probably be via an online source.