E4300 and Gigabyte 965P DS3P

Post the extact settings you are using.

More than likely you are trying to push your ram to much at a high OC.

I would just keep it around 400-450 untill you get your OC. Then work you ram up close as you can to a 1:1.

2.3 may be a bit much also on your ram.

retraserif - this geil ram are rated at 1.8v to 2.3v, so i would not think that it would be a conflict, furthermore, i am cooling the ram with ocz xtc ram cooler. the problem is that sometimes it would load at 320X9, pass orthos 8-hour stable, when i restart without changing any setting, it would go into the restart cycle. that is what puzzling me. for those that has been able to overclock their E4300 with this board, could you please list the memory ratio and the voltage that for the oc. thanks all

little update, i manage to up my fsb to 312, but need to use the 2.66 memory ratio. currently running orthos before coming to work. it seems that if i stay on the 3.33 memory ratio, i can't overclock further than 304 fsb. for 312 fsb, even dropping to 2.00 memory ratio will not increase the overclock. if this 312X9 overclock stable to pass the 8 hour orthos blend test, i'll stick with it for a while.

Guest Retratserif

Have you disabled any of the CPU throttling technologies?

Let me ask my buddy how far he has gotten and the settings. Your CPU may just be maxed out at 3.0. Though I have not heard of a 4300 being that low on its cap.