E4300 and Gigabyte 965P DS3P

hi everyone. i need helps from all of you, i got E4300 and the highest i can get is only 300fsb, 320 is hit and miss affair. 333fsb will cycle on and off infinetely. does this board (ds3p) have problems to overclock with E4300. there is a review in xbitlabs where an e4300 that had been tested to be capable of running 360mhz FSB, can only run 260Mhz FSB when they use biostar tforce p965 mobo. i had even tried to feed the cpu with 1.5v but again on-and-off. anybody who got this configuration, please post yours here. thanks all

Yup, I'm mistaken... what kind of divider are you running your ram on?

because i cannot increase the fsb anymore, i am running the ram divider at 3:5 or 3.33. my ram had passed memtest at 1066mhz. if i'm in the process of trying to oc, i would drop the divider down to 2.00. so there should not be problems with the ram.

Flash to at least F7 or higher a lot of issues resolved in the new bios.

it is DS3P, there are differences between this two boards. ds3 latest official bios is surely F10, but for DS3P, it is F4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Retratserif

Email support and ask them for a newer bios or any information that can help you. When I had issues with my DFI board I had the best tech support ever. Though I am sure there is a huge difference in tech support quality.

Guest Retratserif

Good luck and keep us updated.

I have been referring people with the 4300 in mind and a sinle VGA to the DS3. I have 2 people I am working with on there OC's atm. Things are going pretty good. They are at 3.35 with 55c temps. Thats where they are going to stay untill they get more fans or just better cooling.

Though they both said that there mobo would go to 500 fsb with ease, though one of the ram out of the 4 didnt like 475+. So one of them is running with a divider and the other is not.

But at 4.4.4.12 2.2v. Patriot Extereme DDr-800 can do 450+/-. 5.5.5.15 will go to 545+/-.

There is a article at Legionhardware.com that show that ram doing over 550 fsb. Thats where I got the idea to suggest it. Also being that the ram is now like 120-140 for 2 gigs is just an amazing deal.

it seems that at one time, i can get the cpu to post at 320FSB, pass through small ftt test for 8-hour +, reboot, bios cycle, back to default. does anybody know why?

Guest Retratserif

Post the extact settings you are using.

More than likely you are trying to push your ram to much at a high OC.

I would just keep it around 400-450 untill you get your OC. Then work you ram up close as you can to a 1:1.

2.3 may be a bit much also on your ram.